Howdo folks

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
westfield
Registered New User
Registered New User

Howdo folks

Post by westfield »

Hi all, new member here. My name is Dave based in Rochdale. Ive been into radio on and off over the years starting with CB back in the 80's. Not much use after that apart from a CB in the truck (im an HGV driver). Got back into it 2013 when i got my foundation licence. I was mainly using 2m up in the hills at the time, i have a Yaesu ft857 which i was using at the QTH but the noise levels where ridiculous and slowly but surely put me off.

Fast forward to today and thanks mainly to youtube i want to get back into the hobby. im going to be operating mobile so hopefully no ridiculous noise levels. im currently working 4 on 4 off so time off through the week while my partners at work ill hopefully be hitting the airwaves.
Tin soldier
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Howdo folks

Post by Tin soldier »

Hello and welcome Westfield.
Allan666
Call Sign: G0CRB

Post by Allan666 »

Hello from Warwickshire
If the problen cant be sorted with a "LUMP-HAMMER" then its most likely to be an Electrical fault
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to the forum. Be great to have another one back on the air, CB or otherwise :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TD133

Post by Crusty Juggler »

Welcome!