Sdrplay

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
nordhavn
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Sdrplay

Post by nordhavn »

At the moment I'm using an sdrplay rsp2 through sdruno with a colinear for VHF/UHF and an MLA 30 for HF . When listening to hf it can be hit and miss with noise . Eg I could be listening to a station which is all good and clear . If I turn the radio off and straight back on the noise is unbearable . 10mtr band has never worked all I get is a clicking noise. Would I benefit from upgrading to a rspdx or a rsp duo ?
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Sdrplay

Post by ch25 »

Not at all. Antenna location is a key to success.
Any friends on countryside?
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

If it was due to the location of the antenna then the noise would be constant, not intermittent, not as described by the poster. Turning the device off and on again but then getting noise cant be caused by the antenna location as that has not changed.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
nordhavn
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nordhavn »

MW broadcast can be hit and miss too , my pl660 works better with stock antenna.
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Andy »

Sounds like you have something seriously amiss there, n. I have two SDRs, an RSP2 and a Duo and they both work faultlessly (if you ignore the spurious responses at some points on the dial). Mind you, over recent months, the 25 to 70 MHz area has become unusable due to a combination of VDSL noise, PLT noise and switch-mode noise. That's not the fault of the receivers though.
Edit: just thought - if you have updated the Uno software, make sure you do a factory reset via the OPT menu or you can get all manner of funny happenings.
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.