New scanner - Which one?

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
dc260
Regular
Regular

Re: New scanner - Which one?

Post by dc260 »

Metradio wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 11:39
dc260 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:32 Whilst not strictly a scanner, I would take serious consideration into researching the Baofeng DM-1801.....
.....If anyone has any questions about it, please feel free to ask.
Don't let this question slip your mind as well....

"Another question, how does the DM-1801 deal with listening to Tier III single site with Talkgroups that can use both Time Slots ? I am sure you have a few of those.."

Mike

Hi, I apologise for the late reply. When listening to a Tier III single site such as a cap+ system that uses both timeslots with timeslot filtering switched off, it will latch on to the first heard timeslot, when activity ceases on that slot, it will alternate to the other active slot.
There is a local cap+ system nearby that I listen to on a regular basis, often times on a regular DMR radio I have to switch between two channels for each over because the system will alternate between TS'S on each transmission. With my DM-1801 I don't have to do that.
-
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: New scanner - Which one?

Post by Metradio »

dc260 wrote: 03 Nov 2021, 19:04
Metradio wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 11:39
dc260 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 10:32 Whilst not strictly a scanner, I would take serious consideration into researching the Baofeng DM-1801.....
.....If anyone has any questions about it, please feel free to ask.
Don't let this question slip your mind as well....

"Another question, how does the DM-1801 deal with listening to Tier III single site with Talkgroups that can use both Time Slots ? I am sure you have a few of those.."

Mike

Hi, I apologise for the late reply. When listening to a Tier III single site such as a cap+ system that uses both timeslots with timeslot filtering switched off, it will latch on to the first heard timeslot, when activity ceases on that slot, it will alternate to the other active slot.
There is a local cap+ system nearby that I listen to on a regular basis, often times on a regular DMR radio I have to switch between two channels for each over because the system will alternate between TS'S on each transmission. With my DM-1801 I don't have to do that.
Thanks for that, sounds promising..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.