Edinburgh

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
Maybolelistner
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MM6AAM

Edinburgh

Post by Maybolelistner »

Hello staying in Edinburgh at hermiston gait for work and wondering if anyone has any freqs aside from the airport? Think I picked a taxi on close call but didn’t save it any help?
timberwolf
Regular
Regular

Re: Edinburgh

Post by timberwolf »

There's still a fair bit of radio traffic to be picked up on analogue in Edinburgh. Rather than Close Call, you might be better trying the 'Search for...' 'Custom Search' function and then typing in the upper & lower ranges in the common UHF bands in use. There are still city wide repeaters that are operational so you'll pick-up some taxi firms, courier companies, the Zoo, the uplift trucks that carry away the illegally parked vehicles. If some of the shop & security staff in Hermiston Gate still use Baofeng 888s, you'll probably be able to receive their comms on the preset frequencies. And, of course, the Edinburgh Airport relay (but much more fun listening to aircraft transmissions on the usual channels.) Good luck.
Maybolelistner
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MM6AAM

Post by Maybolelistner »

Could you please pm me some of these frequencies? I’m heading back home tomorrow and I’d say I’ve probs been using the close call function and having little luck at all .
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

Search 440.000 to 444.000 and 453.000 to 457.000 and you will find lots.