North West Mountain Rescue Teams

Scanning radio frequencies for the North West
AshtonMobileScanner
Call Sign: 26TM931

North West Mountain Rescue Teams

Post by AshtonMobileScanner »

Not heard anything on any MRT Frequency in a while, scanning round Woodhead MRT, Oldham MRT and Bolton MRT.

No traffic on any at all and with the road conditions getting bad would of thought MRT teams would be responding to vehicles coming off road in icy conditions.

Anybody know if they have moved off there analogue frequencies and moved elsewhere or do they now use some form of 3G/4G PTT radios.

Motorola UHF DP3600,
Golden One 1907,
Baofeng UV5RA+,
Diamond RH771 Antenna,
UHF Stubby Antenna,
Diamond X-30 Antenna,
MASS SPS 250 MK2.

(Monitor All Channels)
CALLSIGN: 26 TM 931 / 26 CT 931
Freddie
Regular
Regular

Re: North West Mountain Rescue Teams

Post by Freddie »

My contact in a team in the Lakes tells me that all the LD teams have gone live with their new digital system, which I believe is Simoco DMR. There's reason to believe the rest of the country has gone DMR too, though whether it's on their old channels or somewhere new is anyone's guess. Definitely not 3G/LTE/Airwave though, can't think of anything worse for the places they work!

There was an article in Land Mobile in 2017 announcing Simoco had got the national MREW contract for DMR Tier 2.

This one was pretty interesting too, discussing a Tier 3 trunked system one of the Yorkshire teams has built.
neil57uk1

Re: North West Mountain Rescue Teams

Post by neil57uk1 »

The WRT quotes the new MRT freqs in the range 147.35625 - 147.48125 and 155.78125 - 155.98125 at 12.5 steps. All DMR.
Lake District and Peak District teams now using these freqs. A band plan has been produced but unlike the old one it appears not to have been made public.