Sepura SRH + ROIP

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
TRON

Re: Sepura SRH + ROIP

Post by TRON »

Motorola mobiles are OK for use with the Signalink because they have a common ground between audio and PTT and power, meaning that the Signalinks lack of total isolation won't cause nasty earth loops. Now that I have an oscilloscope and a decent signal generator, it would be nice to run some audio sweeps through a Signalink to see what audio frequencies it "likes" and which it does not.

I've just contacted him about the server as I'm trying to get involved in gateway operation again. Once I get set up, I guess it will just be you and me letting the Pi/4 DQPSK out!
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

I'm just waiting for one of M0AQC's com port keying interfaces to show up so I can sack off the signalink. I want to knock something of my own up at some point, but there's a hundred things in my "want to do" list.

I guess so, perhaps once they hear some crystal clear audio a few more may see the light...
TRON

Post by TRON »

morgan306 wrote:one of M0AQC's com port keying interfaces
Good luck with the TDMA pulsing and the plastic case.. Got any tin foil to wrap around it when it arrives?
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

Do you know, I thought that as soon as it arrived! May have to stick it in a metal project box, and put that in a biscuit tin, and put that in a steel safe...
TRON

Post by TRON »

A single box which is connected to PC mains earth usually does the trick (if the problem pops up at all). Of course, the claims from "some" people that their interfaces can connect to ANY radio are... well, a little far fetched.
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

I didn't chance it and put it in an aluminium box. No pulsing on audio and it seems to be much less clunky than VOX! The plugin required for comm port keying over Teamspeak is called TS3 Gateway, By Funkportal.de