Gordon Bennett it's Intermediate time

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Re: Gordon Bennett it's Intermediate time

Post by M6UCW »

When I read threads like this, it starts to get amusing on how people can complain about the same subject over and over.

Maybe I should just stay a M6 and irritate a lot of people that don't like Foundation Licence holders just because some do not wish to progress for various reasons.

Why should the radio hobby be different to any other hobby - people enjoy hobbies at different levels like cars where some will do the basic service and cleaning and others prefer to strip them down and improve them.

Overall, if you don't like it go rattle your mouth off to the RSGB and Ofcom rather than complaining like a bunch of grumpy old men on a forum cause all this does is puts people off getting into radio and/or progressing due to the attitudes of the top level.
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
MW0SWA
Call Sign: MW0SWA

Post by MW0SWA »

Im a 2W0 license holder.
And my opinion is quite different. Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Mine is, they sat an exam set by the powers that be, passed it, and then get M6 callsign and entitled to 10W on the bands, good luck to them and who the bloody hell even cares? Theres more serious things to be worried about in life, cancer for example.
I have two mates who are quite happy staying on the foundation callsigns. Good luck to them.
As long as they are interested in radio then i dont care. They not doing anything illegal and a high number of M6's have come across more intelligent and with more respect to the hobby than the old G's calls.
I would rather have a 1000 foundation license holders on the bands than 1000 less people interested in amateur radio.
Enjoy radio, enjoy life.

Now go and have a good day, if you see a M6 then wish him well :D
I am a bit crazy about the Realistic DX-394
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Post by M6UCW »

Well said RedDragon :clap:
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

And don't forget the M3's they are fine aswell,unless they're not in some people mind's,I'm an IQ- zero how do you think we feel hahaha :crazy: :lol: .
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

RD's response and stance regarding licence class in the hobby is typical of intermediate holders :clap: :thumbup:

As for your response Chris to my previous post asking what gives with you, well yes of course you are entitled to your opinions and to air them, but I think you have issues jointly with foundation holders themselves as well as Ofcom (and the RSGB maybe too?)

I myself am not impressed with M3's / M6's who operate outside their licence conditions, and yes indeed, how can power output possibly be policed. However I don't think some foundation holders TX-ing on 100w are a big issue, because if they were causing interference to other services or householders then I'm sure Ofcom would be involved and the truth would come out. No, a bigger problem as I see it is the un-licenced using cheap and widely available walkie talk dual bands and causing disruption, or same in possession of HF sets and messing about.

Lets not let the bad foundation minority spoil it for the majority foundation holders, thus being tarred with the brush as non contributors to the hobby, licence sitters, student pass holders etc-etc.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

To Transwarp.

Thank you for being so fair.

Close ... but I just need to clear up one detail.

I ADMIRE Foundation licencees who use it for the purpose for which it was invented. It was meant as a student permit to keep interest alive during your period of study. For you to meet other hams on the air, make useful contacts and circulate ideas and information.

You already know who I don't admire, so no need to repeat. They are the people who are the greatest threat to the continued existance of the Foundation Licence, not 'us'.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Post by Transwarp »

ChrisCSL wrote:To Transwarp.

Thank you for being so fair.

Close ... but I just need to clear up one detail.

I ADMIRE Foundation licencees who use it for the purpose for which it was invented. It was meant as a student permit to keep interest alive during your period of study. For you to meet other hams on the air, make useful contacts and circulate ideas and information.

You already know who I don't admire, so no need to repeat. They are the people who are the greatest threat to the continued existance of the Foundation Licence, not 'us'.
Fair to say agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.