How to get back a lapse licence

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Anon

Re: How to get back a lapse licence

Post by Anon »

Maybe not related but i tried to re-validate my license last year for several weeks and it wouldn't let me in with the correct username or password {bnghd}

This went on for months,I kept thinking ill ring up tomorrow but didn't,then on the eve of my license running out the very same log in details that hadn't worked for months spookily worked just in time

:crazy:

Phew :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CookieRaider
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: M0RMO

Post by CookieRaider »

Joloke08 wrote:Maybe not related but i tried to re-validate my license last year for several weeks and it wouldn't let me in with the correct username or password {bnghd}

This went on for months,I kept thinking ill ring up tomorrow but didn't,then on the eve of my license running out the very same log in details that hadn't worked for months spookily worked just in time

Spooky :geek:

When I spoke to 'Cyndi' she did say the website had a mind of its own, either way she was helpful and issues were resolved by the end of the call

.... glad you got it sorted out George
Winner of the coveted 'In Before The Lock' competition 07 Jan 2013
Winner of the coveted 'In Before The Lock' competition 24 June 2013
inaugural champion of the coveted "Putting sex before trivial internet games" award November 2013
omega
Regular
Regular

Post by omega »

I was in same position,licence not renewed for 20 odd yrs or so.i had no evidence,nothing at all,no certificates,old licences,callbooks,nowt,this was on the phone by the way, there was no use trying explain what I wanted in an e-mail,best phone I thought,gets through,explains want renew my callsign,asked what evidence I had,nothing I said,not a thing,asked which callsign,told her,asked where and when I sat rae,and where was first licenced,the address my first licence went to 30yr ago,told her all this ,hang on a min she replies,hears tapping of keys in background,two min later says yes that's fine all in order,we found your details in an old callsign book and the details match what you say,send us 20 quid and covering letter and ur callsign is re issued.bingo,result,five min on phone all sorted,not bad I thought.
ChrisCSL
Banned
Banned

Post by ChrisCSL »

Indeed.

Cynthia 'Cyndi' Anafo is a Civil Servant. But also a bit of a 'Party Animal' on the Q.T. if you google her ;)

Ofcom? ... yes. But on our side? Also yes.

God help us if she gets re-deployed outside Spectrum, and replaced by some humourless pedantic pen-pusher.
radagast33
Regular
Regular

Post by radagast33 »

I was also in the same position as the original poster but had no evidence of ever being licensed bar my callsign. Rang Ofcom who said no problem send the form with £25 two weeks later full license arrives in post and I'm loving the hobby again

David GW7EMO
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

Joloke08 wrote:Maybe not related but i tried to re-validate my license last year for several weeks and it wouldn't let me in with the correct username or password {bnghd}

I have had this problem too.

Lastpass keepsa my username+password so I know its not wrong - IMO they have changed something.
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Panteneman »

Yeah, you can p1ss off all the old buggers as a G7 and they'll all have a whingey woo because you didn't do your morse and got full HF! :lol:

Good to hear you returned back to the hobby, and hopefully myself (or other forum peeps) will work you one day. Got an FT817ND and do a lot of portable stuff nowadays, they're a great rig.
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
Ridge
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TM587

Post by Ridge »

Hi,
I had to send off my C&G certificates with a fee of £20 ,when I did it, to get mine as I was part of the old system (being a G7) and was not registered with the RSGB. Contact Ofcom and it can be sorted and yes G7's are now full licence holders with all the privaledges.
73's Hope you sort it.
Just For The Fun Of It
daz3210

Post by daz3210 »

When looking at rigs, also look at the 857.

I bought an 817, and wish I had paid that bit more for the 857. Its not much bigger, but outputs 100W instead of 5W.
CharlieOne
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by CharlieOne »

First of all... Hello! Just joined as I'm about to try and reinstate my lapsed Class B licence and get back on the air. This thread has been really useful - I was stuck at the RSGB candidate number bit.. never had one! So a big thanks to all that have posted information.. very useful!
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I could not remember my log in password for the ofcom site and the original email I used to register no longer works so I just re-registered with my current email and by magic everything was automatic and I could see my license although I did not really understand what I needed to do to re-validate my license but then I find that my details had been updated automatically?

I still need to get conformation of this from ofcom directly to know for sure, but seeing that it says in clear text that the details on my license have been updated I assume everything has been done.