Motorola GM300 programming issue

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
wires

Re: Motorola GM300 programming issue

Post by wires »

600mhz is way to fast, it won't run on my toughbook cf28 and that's 600mhz, you need a sub 100mhz machine for it to function correctly, you may get away with some of the programs which slow down your computer but I personally haven't had any success. Also you will need the proper 9 pin serial port, also are you using a rib and cable or a "ribless" cable?

Check your email too
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

The chances of me finding an old working computer with a 100MHz processor in are slim, also it seems like a lot to go through just to program a GM300. I really appreciate every body's help and advice. I'll check my emails in a bit.

I've decided that its easier to get rid of it on ebay, see what it makes and put the money towards something more useful.

StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

I managed to get an old computer at 200 MHz speed witch works well and I can now read and write to the GM300 but I've hit a problem... the radio will go from 438 MHz upwards and I'd like to get it down to 430 MHz so that I can use the radio for 70cms. I'm guessing that I need the edited software version for this.

Does anybody know where I can find the edited software version?
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

I found the errors of my ways :lol: I didn't release the shift key while entering the decimal point. Anyhow I still need to get the modified software to get more channels. I'm thinking about downloading Hex Editor "witch I have no clue how to use" but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
NiCdeth

Post by NiCdeth »

hex editors are fun, just keep a fresh copy of the software you're working on in case you mess it up! I use hxden, because it's free and works really well, although I did have one install that stopped working after a while. Also look for a program called radiodoctor. I've never used it but Some Say it's made for the gm300.
Filip
Regular
Regular

Post by Filip »

You CAN program GM300 using Windows 7 PC & DOS software & USB-SERIAL adapter.

Adding more channels using DOS software:

-Run the software
- Press F3 - GET SAVE
-Then F2 - READ CODEPLUG
-F10 - Back to main menu
-F4 -CHANGE VIEW
-F5 - MODE
-F8 - MODE UTILITY
- Keep pressing F8 (EXECUTE) until you get all 40 channels
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

NiCdeth wrote:hex editors are fun, just keep a fresh copy of the software you're working on in case you mess it up! I use hxden, because it's free and works really well, although I did have one install that stopped working after a while. Also look for a program called radiodoctor. I've never used it but Some Say it's made for the gm300.

I gave up looking for that radiodoctor software ages ago. I've spent ages trying to search for that and its nowhere to be found. It has been rather frustrating there is plenty of info on the Internet about 40 channels on a GM300 but yet no info on how to, or where to find the software witch just makes it all pointless really. Seems like my only option is Hex and if that don't work then I really give up, I guess it just has to be an 8 channel radio.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

StormShadow wrote:
NiCdeth wrote:hex editors are fun, just keep a fresh copy of the software you're working on in case you mess it up! I use hxden, because it's free and works really well, although I did have one install that stopped working after a while. Also look for a program called radiodoctor. I've never used it but Some Say it's made for the gm300.

I gave up looking for that radiodoctor software ages ago. I've spent ages trying to search for that and its nowhere to be found. It has been rather frustrating there is plenty of info on the Internet about 40 channels on a GM300 but yet no info on how to, or where to find the software witch just makes it all pointless really. Seems like my only option is Hex and if that don't work then I really give up, I guess it just has to be an 8 channel radio.

Apparently you can sign up to this yahoo group and you can get a copy of radio doctor https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Rad ... Popup=true
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

I tried that but there is no radiodoctor to download. I came across the 16 to 40 channel software on that group but I just get redirected to a blank page everytime I click on it.