New exam marking rules.

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
MW0SWA
Call Sign: MW0SWA

New exam marking rules.

Post by MW0SWA »

I think i heard somewhere that the RSGB have now stated that all exam papers be it foundation intermediate and full have got to be sent away to be marked instead of the foundation and intermediate being marked on the spot.
I am a bit crazy about the Realistic DX-394
archspoofer

Re: New exam marking rules.

Post by archspoofer »

I invigilated a foundation intermediate and advanced last night and for intermediate and foundation they still send the answers out to be marked after the exam by the invigilators but now the candidate marks their answers on a sheet that is optically marked so you still get a PASS or FAIL at the end but the RSGB double check on a computer when examiner sends them in. So I suppose officially it's not a yes or no until RSGB have checked it their end but you do know 100% if you have passed or not after the exam.
Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
26TM944
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM944

Post by 26TM944 »

From the latest training updates.

Optical marking of examinations will commence on 30 July 2013 for Foundation, Intermediate. The Advanced exam on 20th August will be optically marked.

At Foundation and Intermediate levels the OMS will be marked locally to provide an indicative mark immediately after the examination. The official result is generated through the optical marking system. Candidates results will be notified to candidates in writing by the Examinations Department as soon as they have been uploaded to Ofcom.

So yes you can pass on the day and be told you'd passed however now you have it confirmed later on which is really the same as it was as until Ofcom got the data you'd not got a "pass" on the system. 6 days end to end they say. Which has not really changed that much.

Far better than the twice yearly RAE & several months wait ...

Hope that helps.

Steve
26-TM-944
  • A rig, twig & burner.
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

26TM944 wrote:From the latest training updates.

Optical marking of examinations will commence on 30 July 2013 for Foundation, Intermediate. The Advanced exam on 20th August will be optically marked.

At Foundation and Intermediate levels the OMS will be marked locally to provide an indicative mark immediately after the examination. The official result is generated through the optical marking system. Candidates results will be notified to candidates in writing by the Examinations Department as soon as they have been uploaded to Ofcom.

So yes you can pass on the day and be told you'd passed however now you have it confirmed later on which is really the same as it was as until Ofcom got the data you'd not got a "pass" on the system. 6 days end to end they say. Which has not really changed that much.

Far better than the twice yearly RAE & several months wait ...

Hope that helps.

Steve
So exactly as I had said already :?
Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...