ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
Midwinter
Regular
Regular

ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

Post by Midwinter »

Just won a ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER on ebay for a tenner, dont know if it comes with user instructions so if anyone has some to hand that they dont mind scanning, could you pm me.
If not, could someone please tell me how to use it and the position in sequence to the rig, burner, swr meter, antenna etc.
Best wishes,
G.
ScotchEgg
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM742

RE: ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

Post by ScotchEgg »

What you need it for?
Last inline before antenna, google or the zetagi site will give you the instructions.
The legend of the "Scotch Egg".
"unique in my duplicity"

UGLY BOB on SCOTCH EGG... "I kinda had you pictured as the sort who would enjoy beating the bejesus out of people with a four foot dildo."
Midwinter
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

Post by Midwinter »

Callum wrote:What you need it for?
Last inline before antenna, google or the zetagi site will give you the instructions.
Got it just in case I cant get a good swr on the wire dipole when it arrives.
Already done a search on google with no luck Callum, and there is no product support on the Zetagi site :(
Midwinter
Regular
Regular

RE: Re: RE: ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

Post by Midwinter »

Just had this reply from Zetagi:
Dear Sir,
we inform you there's no instruction in mod. M27.
Best Regards
Tech.Dpt.
ZETAGI S.p.A.
:cry:
So if some kind soul could tell me which knobs to twiddle and why, I would be everso grateful.
G.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

Set the TX to minimum power.
Set the mode to FM. This is not essential. But I was taught to do it this way as it's the friendliest mode for both others & the TX.
Tune using first the left hand knob & then the right to gain the lowest SWR reading. This process may need repeating to gain the lowest SWR.
Congratulations you have not tuned a antenna but presented the TX with 50 ohms.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

Using one of them to correct for a poor SWR reading is just wasting your meagre 4W output power. Much better to correct the antenna length to maximise your 4w power output.

About the only thing it's useful for is if you want to transmit on a frequency that your antenna can't quite resonate on naturally. Say for example you have a narrow bandwidth antenna that only covers the UK 40 channels and you want to use the EU 40 channels (or perhaps other less legal frequencies on or around 11m).

Last resort though. Much MUCH better idea to get an antenna that actually resonates on the desired frequency and get a low SWR to start with. Most modern CB antennas have a wide enough bandwidth to give you a low (below 1.5) SWR across a couple of MHz at least.

Jon
Midwinter
Regular
Regular

Post by Midwinter »

Cheers KC, thanks for the Answer to my question :D
Thanks for the advice Guzzy.
G.
tomaka00000
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108tm

Re: ZETAGI MATCHBOX M27 TUNER

Post by tomaka00000 »

set both knobs to the middle the start to tune in small amounts alternating till you get a low reading but high power its a juggling act but seriously get a low swr first
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

After 7 years I doubt he'll give a s*** PMSL :)
PatJD66
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by PatJD66 »

Ok it’s now 30th November 2021, and I have just bought the Zetagi MM27 and I have the same issue , how to use it, where does left or right plug in to? Also what are left and right dials for , bit daft in comes with zero instructions, anyone know ?
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

ZETAGI M27MATCHBOX antenna matcher.
Antenna impedance adapter for CB, frequency 26-28 MHz, Power 500 W,
dimensions 160 x 80 x 120 mm, Input impedance 50 Ohm, Insertion loss 0.2dB, Weight 0.8kg.

@+
Claude

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Photo Collector CB RADIO
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

Best way to use it is to take it out of the box then open a window and throw it outside, you can then go outside and stamp on it, this is optional but I highly recommend it. Then sort out your antenna properly.
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death