Frickin' eBay!

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Frickin' eBay!

Post by Yeti »

I listed a Marconi RC690, converted to 2 meters, and they've removed it!
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list your listing(s). However, we have removed your listing(s) because it breaches our Law Enforcement Items policy.

290574015721 - MARCONI RC 690 RC690 2M 2 METRES AM PROGRAMMED

Why did we remove your listing?

You listed an AM amateur radio, which was originally police issue. Please note that eBay does not allow the sale of Police issued AM radios becaused of the MHz frequency issues.

In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay.
What the **** are these people smoking?
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Frickin' eBay!

Post by Farty »

Bugger me backwards! Amateurs can't use AM any more? Well, sh*t the bed!
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

MHz frequency issues
:lol:
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Tell them is doesn't use MHz - say it uses metres, or perhaps multiples of thousands of kHz.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Hammyman
Banned
Banned

Post by Hammyman »

Or even better, Megacycles....
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Post by bigpimp347 »

so how come all the HT6000 are still on there and even ex home office repeaters..

thats bad, they only remove stuff when someone complains, i know this...so to me someone has complained..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Maybe someone has it in for you an reported the item...
Ebay as per usual will take the easy route an pull the item regardless of the rights or wrongs..
They did it with me over some old surplus desert uniform i had lying about... Someone reckoned it was stolen an Ebay pulled it... guilty until proven innocent!
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

They could be under the common misconception that anything that transmits is gonna wipe out every emergency service radio within a 100000 mile radius :lol: :lol:

Or probz was dropped because its an AM set and opperating too close to the VHF air band that uses AM for modulation

In all honesty I`d have replied and said that 153.425Mhz FM is exactly the same freq as 153.425Mhz AM, its just the modulation that differs here and ask em if theyre gonna remove all these puxings because they can goto 153.425Mhz

It does sound like someone has reported the item though

I had a friend that listed a 25 to 30Mhz (I think it was on those freqs) ranger and it too was pulled after someone tried to knock my mate down on his postage or offered a buy it now price and my mate wasnt interested, after he said he wasnt interested the item was pulled within the hour

Get someone else to list it for you and use one of the ebay special descriptions i.e. if you know what this rig is then you know what it can do lol
26TM234
mangina
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mangina »

someones grassed you . guaranteed.. makes you sick..
26-TM-532
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

smoggy07 wrote:I had a friend that listed a 25 to 30Mhz (I think it was on those freqs) ranger and it too was pulled
They are an eBay prohibited item though (and also illegal to boot).
ranger2950
Regular
Regular

Post by ranger2950 »

happened to me , they havent a clue lately
smoggy07
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by smoggy07 »

Yeti wrote:
smoggy07 wrote:I had a friend that listed a 25 to 30Mhz (I think it was on those freqs) ranger and it too was pulled
TBH I aint looked on the eBay prohibited items list and as for it being illegal, pass, I wouldn`t know but my point was it was fine and was listed for a good 6 days untill some plank decided to report the item after my mate said no to a buy it now or a reduction in postage

eBay are a crock of sh*t when it comes to things like this and in all honesty I think I`m going to start using eBid and other sites like that
26TM234
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

smoggy07 wrote:
Yeti wrote:
TBH I aint looked on the eBay prohibited items list and as for it being illegal, pass, I wouldn`t know but my point was it was fine and was listed for a good 6 days untill some plank decided to report the item after my mate said no to a buy it now or a reduction in postage
It is a prohibited item, And of course its illegal, But obviously you were targeted.

What i found is if you list an item telling people in the description what freq it covers IE: 25 - 30mhz chances are it will get pulled [if reported], With similar/same items with hardly any description usually stays, If you keep the description to a minimum and dont say what feq it covers just say something like "Anyone who knows this knows what it does" then 9 times out of 10 it wont get pulled, This though is just coming from my own experience as i have had some pulled and not others were i left out the freq coverage bit.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

Well, eBay have quietly admitted they were wrong - the RC690 appeared in my "Unsold" list tonight, without so much as an email of apology...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT
Fenderstrat
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: G8UCL

Post by Fenderstrat »

Hi there guys, sorry to hear you had problems with the sale of your Marconi rc690 radio, i purchased two of these radio's from E bay a while back and they were advertised as ex fire service units, might i suggest you try re-advertising them as Ex-Fire Service units, just a thought.
I have got one of my units running but the other is showing the red Tx light permanently on!! is there a chance you guys have access to the service manual or circuit diagrams for these excellent radios, i'm willing to pay for any copies you can send me.
Best Regard
Nick G8UCL