Westfield Shopping Centre channels

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Westfield Shopping Centre channels

Post by radio_ryan »

Good Evening All

can any-one tell me in the Westfield shopping centre in Derby changed there channel around has when on a litle walk to day the cahnnel that i add/used (see below) i could not hear any think,

have they changed there ctss of frqu, it was 5/9 that why i think they played around with their mode of TX, i was listen for 4 hours using a scan on all 3 channels, but did not hear them

456.875 Westfield shopping centre Ch 1 Security 103.5
456.825 Westfield shopping center Ch 2 cleaners 225.7
456.65 Westfield shopping center Ch 3 Car parks 186.2

any help would be a grate help or any one who can chack the above, it may jsut be they change the ctss like my local cctv has in the past

Thank you

Ryan
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Westfield Shopping Centre channels

Post by Gemini4 »

i have heard them just yesterday..but its very few and far between sometimes..they may have another channel i dont know.
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

picking the cleaners up now 10.00 am but it has some sort drone noise on it not that clear.so maybe your right
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

re above i have heard why it may not be much activitiy on the above channels and it would explaine my question. but it is 2ed information and i feel not to be put in an open forum.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

I don't think it would hurt....
Banned Account
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

anyone getting another channel breaking in on this frequency..some keeps call "BJ call back" over the top of the westfields transmissions. :?:
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

hi

it builders near me, at the local hospital i get it 5/9, not hear west field channels for some time now.
local getting local stuff at this time antner has ice all over it for VHF/UHF.
wind in the antenna
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wind in the antenna »

252393 was their old licence but it has lapsed, changed or been withdrawn.

I'm a radio armature who made the switch to ariel none-bio
New Face in Hell

----------------
Tony in Brighton
26TM9480
26FB298
G7TXU
----------------
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

i can still get westfields..but this annoying bloke butts in with the call sign..they sound like they're working somewhere where paint is used..co's they mention sometimes paint shop( not builders here ryan) :?:
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

hi

it the builders at king mill. the Ctcss i have for westfield is out of date has i do not get any contact from there now when near by. they have chaneel channel or encode.

i not heard any on all 3 channel i have for the centre for some time now
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

hi ryan
i'm getting westfields on 456.875 the shop security,just listened to em today and 456.825..
the 456.875 is where i'm getting the interference..when you say kings mill what is this.
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radio_ryan »

Hi

i have just checked the channel for me localy 2 of westfield channel i hahave and get builders that work at King mill, when they where building the new centre.

the on to which you get QRM is down in my data base has

westfield ch 1
CCTV
builders

from what you say and the way they are talking it the builders you are picking up from somewhere, i am not sure which builders they are. may be Andrew can help with this.
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

yeah definetly getting westfields co's i picked the fire up when it happened..the security there we're going mad lol.
as for the interference..it sounds so close and clear..but one of the annoying users calls BJ so loud it nearlys breaks my speakers!!!
dont think andrew lives this way does he.
Last edited by Gemini4 on 10 Dec 2010, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

I take it the builders / painters are on a different tone but the same frequency and so they are unwittingly being 'annoying'. If you don't have a box that can store same frequencies and individual tones it can't be helped. I have at least 4 users on 456.3875, some in duplex, some just on the duplex 461.8875, and the tone selection lets me pick out the ones I want and name them. This is especially helpful on the 3 x 449's, seeing as Tesco and Morrisons all have the ability to use all 3, and Asda trolley dolly's and porters use 449.400. I even have scrap yards on 449's around here.

Obviously this is difficult when it comes to 446's if you are centrally placed between two users on the same channel and tone but they are out of reach of each other. You also get 446's that transmit with no CTCSS or DCS tones at all.

The builders aren't being 'annoying', they are just pointing out a failure in your set up that can be avoided, at a cost.

I live 30 miles southwest of Glasgow, but the principles of radio are basically the same. Someone did have a pop at me once for answering outside my area' which is difficult for a global moderator.....

Banned Account
Gemini4
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Gemini4 »

well thats cleared that up then Andrew..still learning everything in this..when you say it can be avoided at a cost...does that mean a big expense to eliminate these problems.
or would it be cheaper to just get another scanner.