Tango Mike Membership Requests Thread 2010

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Tango Mike Membership Requests Thread 2010

Post by MrWeetabix »

A bit late, but here we go, please post your Tango Mike Membership requests below. There is also a list of current un-allocated numbers in this section, so have a look and see what unit number you want, or we'll just issue you the next available. Thanks :mrgreen:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Tango Mike Membership Requests Thread 2010

Post by Panteneman »

Top idea, Mr 'Bix. :D

We've got a new member signed up from 13div, he PM'd me a couple of days back:
13-TM-468 - Stefan (DG3), Wolfenbuettel
Welcome to TangoMike, Stefan. 8)
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
p1852
Regular
Regular

Post by p1852 »

Panteneman, I've come over to your website following amazingly helpful and friendly advice from citizenbandradio. I'm totally new to CB and am very excited for the day when the goodies arrive and it's all connected in the car and then I can start joining in something I've longed to do for a very long time.
I fully appreciate now that a callsign is not compulsory but, on browsing thru' the TangoMike pages, I think it might be to my long-term benefit if I could apply to join not just TangoMike but TangoMike DX. I would love in time to be able to take up this possible benefit of longer-distance CB'ing!
However, as other members from citizenbandradio who I see are also members here, can vouch - I'm a tad slow on the uptake!!

Under the "http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... 03&start=0" bit, I see we're asked to apply giving, quote:

In your request post please include:
Your first name.
Your division.
Your approx location (county or similar will be fine)
Your preferred unit number (if you have one) if not the next in sequence for your division will be assigned.

I can oblige with:
Pam
.......(division)
South Devon, UK
26-TM-244 (if this number is available/still free??)
"handle": pongo-two-two
HELP PLEASE! I havn't a clue what the (division)-bit is. I havn't as yet joined any "club" other my very recent connection with citizenbandradio.

I would appreciate all your advice re my application to join your TangoMike DX Group, please. Thank you.
(I'm quite sure other members will find my pig-ignorance somewhat irritating but I have nobody else within your "Membership" who I could ask).
p1852
p1852
Regular
Regular

Post by p1852 »

I've a feeling this might not be the right place to get a message to Panteneman following my posting to him earlier today about applying for Tango Mike membership. If a message can get thru', please let him know that this stupid twit has found out re "division"!! Sorry, I think I warned him I was a bit of a dipstick... in fact rather a big one.
So, division duly noted as "26" England, please.
p1852

Thank you
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

hi pam. your in the right place for membership. mark will sort you out with a unit number soon...
and yep (england) 26 division. ;)
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
p1852
Regular
Regular

Post by p1852 »

Sorry porky.69 - I've only just found your note re my "am I in the right place" posting; I can't tell you how relieved I am and now I'll keep all things crossed that can be and hope like crazy that all will be OK. Thank you for your message. What a relief! (I'm finding it very hard to contain my excitement... the rig 'n bits all arrived this morning... now to concentrate and read the instructions (many times, knowing me!!)....
p1852
megaman

Post by megaman »

Hello all, My name is Mike and I live in Arizona, USA I really like the looks of the Tango Mike DX Group and it was recommended to me by my friend who resides in the UK. I am hoping for the unit number 2-TM-352 and my handle is megaman. thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely
Mike/megaman

In your request post please include:
Your first name. Mike
Your division. 2
Your approx location. Arizona, USA
Your preferred unit number. 2-TM-352
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Panteneman »

Greetings,
26-TM-244 - Pam (Ponto two two), South Devon
2-TM-352 - Mike (Megaman), Arizona
Your call signs have now been granted, and added to the members lists. Welcome to TangoMike. 8)
Speaking to people in foreign lands, with various configurations of copper wire in various strange shapes - my friends think I'm committing acts of witchcraft...
p1852
Regular
Regular

Post by p1852 »

:o Yippee! Thank you Panteneman 8) ,
I'm really chuffed - and thank you too for enabling me to "have" the 26-TM-244.
I didn't expect to feel this excited!

Pam (Ponto two two), South Devon :D
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

Hi all,

The following for me please..

Your first name. Matt
Your division. 26
Your approx location. Kent, UK
Your preferred unit number. 2-TM-249

Thanks,

Matt
"Spooky action at a distance."
Panteneman
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Panteneman »

mattltm wrote:Hi all,

The following for me please..

Your first name. Matt
Your division. 26
Your approx location. Kent, UK
Your preferred unit number. 2-TM-249

Thanks,

Matt
Greetings,

Unfortunately, 249 has been taken. You have been assigned with 245.
26-TM-245 - Matt (mattltm), Kent
Welcome, to TangoMike...
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

Thanks Panteneman.

Matt
"Spooky action at a distance."
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

p1852 wrote::o Yippee! Thank you Panteneman 8) ,
I'm really chuffed - and thank you too for enabling me to "have" the 26-TM-244.
I didn't expect to feel this excited!

Pam (Ponto two two), South Devon :D
nice one pam. and good luck with your new callsign :D
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
p1852
Regular
Regular

Post by p1852 »

Hi porky.69
Thanks for that: I'm beginning to feel part of your huge "family" already! I'm just missing the DIN plate adapter thingummy so I can finally put the TEAM MC-8 in place. I've been thru' the "dry run" several times now and am looking forward to getting the wotsit-plate. I'm in a dilemma as to whether to fit the mag base with the baby Springer on the roof of the Pajero (SWB) or to use a hatchback plate - clipped onto the rear door with the Thunderpole super-flex that I've also got.... Mmmm, choices, choices....! (But a nice "worry" to have: takes our minds off certain other important issues such as what colour suits Messrs Brown, Cameron and Clegg were wearing last night!!) :roll:
Cheers, :D
Pam
Dave26HS643ward
Regular
Regular

Post by Dave26HS643ward »

Hi Guys,
I've been introduced to 10M via a friend at work who has sold me a Superstar 3900 Multiband. Its all set up in the shed with a 5/8 Diapole topping 40ft from the ground.
Due to domestic differences, I'm not allowed to erect a Beam but plans are in progress for 2 D.I.Y Horizontal Diapoles to go in the loft space.

Inorder to benefit from the wonders & delights of freebanding, I would love to join your group.
I've been an avid CB'er since it became legal in 82 and had in the beginning, a center fed 1/2 wave on the end of a JWR fm set. (What ever happened to them?)

I drive a 44 ton truck so CB has stayed with me all my working life. My handle is "Range Rover" & I have been known to ring the BBC Radio 2 travel hotline on occassions. (Just blowing my trumpet even though it's nowt special).

I joined "Ham Sphere" (.com) to obtain a callsign I could use and wondered if "643" is available?
Please find the info you requested for membership below.

Dave.
Peterborough.
26TM643.

Thanking you in advance

73's & 51's