TM1 HF frequency database (Updated 10th October 2010)

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
bragi

Re: TM1 HF frequency database

Post by bragi »

bragi wrote:
bow3500xlt wrote:not fair i saved it then went to open but carnt :evil: help please hehe
try this its free http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=EN
Just noticed that link no longer working use this for free Exel viewer 71 meg download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Overview
With Excel Viewer, you can open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed. You can also copy data from Excel Viewer to another program. However, you cannot edit data, save a workbook, or create a new workbook. This download is a replacement for Excel Viewer 97 and all previous Excel Viewer versions.
Sign said dont touch..........why not say I !!! Image
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Re: TM1 HF frequency database (Updated 8th March 2010)

Post by fez »

Now updated for March
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

Great work guys but would be interested to know exactly who reported which items. Id be interested to know from what location and equipment used to log such stations, for example Ive done a lot of Navtex over the past few weeks and looking at the Excel Sheet under combined HF there's one or two stations logged that I have not managed to hear yet and it and it would be interesting to know their whereabouts, equipment used etc.. Now if the chap who logged these was from a different country or much further North than me I could put it down to that but as it is I'm just left wondering so is there a chance of at least listing contributors initials and have a directory of contributors location/equipment

Cheers Dean
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

Yaesu Ft-920, Yaesu MD-200 , Trap Dipole, 150ft End-Fed and 3Ele 6m Beam, Western HF Dipole.
Kenwood G707 Dual Band VHF TM163010

*Message from Admin - Dean Sadly passed away in May 2012. R.I.P. Dean.
Hanglands

Post by Hanglands »

Hi Dean,

I think I logged all the NAVTEX stuff.

Longwire/Kenwood R5000. Im 52°N and 0°W.

I seem to remember that in Shortwave Magazine when they printed loggings, the loggers were assigned numbers which appeared at the end of the row of each entry (sperated by commas if whatever was on that frequency was logged by more than one person) and the numbers and names were matched up at the bottom of the page.

S.
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

Yeh that's the kinda idea, initials or number at end of logging and a list of contributors with location and equipment used to cross check whose reported what. If this is possible guys but don't want to add to much work for you guys.
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

Yaesu Ft-920, Yaesu MD-200 , Trap Dipole, 150ft End-Fed and 3Ele 6m Beam, Western HF Dipole.

crusty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crusty »

Starting next month two new fields will be added to the spreadsheet (location and forum username). Looking forward to your loggings Dean :D
dean_aberdare
Silent Key
Silent Key

Post by dean_aberdare »

Thanks for that guys I appreciate the effort going into this, I hope to add some logging's of my own but I spend most of my radio time TX not RX :D
MW0TMI / 2W0XTP / MW6VHF

7hz
Regular
Regular

Re: TM1 HF frequency database (Updated 8th April 2010)

Post by 7hz »

These logs are amazing!

What would be really cool would be an online spreadsheet type wiki where everyone could put their logs to.

I'd have more columns for things like transmission name, comments, time start, time end, transmission type (broadcast, data, beacon, naval etc), reception country, reception location, reception strength, reception quality, reception equipment details.

Can you imagine what it would be like with loads of people gathering and inputting the data? And being able to filter by location etc?
crusty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crusty »

:lol: :lol:
7hz
Regular
Regular

Post by 7hz »

7hz wrote:What would be really cool would be an online spreadsheet type wiki where everyone could put their logs to.
crusty wrote::lol: :lol:
Do you think it's a daft idea crusty? Or am I daft thinking so many fields are needed?

I have started logging what I manage to catch, and am trying to note down as much as I can, because I think it would be useful.

So, here are the fields in the database as of next month:

Date ;Time ;Frequency; Mode; Comments; Location; ForumUsername

Here is what I think would provide maximum information:

Date; Time; Frequency; Mode; Station; ReceptionQuality; TransmissionLanguage; TransmissionType; TransmissionLocation; UserLocation; Username; UserEquipment; Comments; AudioSample

For example, someone may want to get the English language broadcasts only. Others may want beacons in the Caribbean etc etc. If these things are entered, it is easy to filter the list to display what we want.

I put audio samples in, as that would be very cool :-)

For things like Station, what would be great is with enough entries for one station, we would be able to build up a good picture of when to listen, expected quality for whatever equipment at whatever location etc etc. So we could actually build station / transmitter profiles over time. If this had a web based front end, and was a relational database, the possibilities are fantastic IMHO.

Now, all we need is someone to code it!

Sorry if this is just a crazy newbie pipe dream...
Hanglands

Post by Hanglands »

I think all the log book really needs for now, is more contributors.

S.
7hz
Regular
Regular

Post by 7hz »

Well, I have to say as a newbie, it has helped me lots, and made my beginning steps in SWLing more fun and purposeful that it would be if I was doing it blind.

I'll be adding my finds in, quite exciting to find stations not already listed, I seemed to have a bit of a California Rx a couple of nights ago for example.
Alan137

Post by Alan137 »

dean_aberdare wrote:Great work guys but would be interested to know exactly who reported which items. Id be interested to know from what location and equipment used to log such stations, for example Ive done a lot of Navtex over the past few weeks and looking at the Excel Sheet under combined HF there's one or two stations logged that I have not managed to hear yet and it and it would be interesting to know their whereabouts, equipment used etc.. Now if the chap who logged these was from a different country or much further North than me I could put it down to that but as it is I'm just left wondering so is there a chance of at least listing contributors initials and have a directory of contributors location/equipment

Cheers Dean
Dean

You can PM me anytime if you have any questions about my logs on the monthly thread,i would only be to pleased to share the information i have on these stations or what equimpent i use.

Or even better you could catch me on MSN and do some live IDing on a few stations some night, i also could do with some help as these DIGI logs Hanglands and Crusty post fly straight over my head as im a old fashion AM man,although i must admit to doing some research on their very interesting logs.

Anyway drop me a line if you require any info.

Regards

Alan
7hz
Regular
Regular

Post by 7hz »

Just put mu 1st log in, hope it's ok.

About the username / location change for next month - if you had just the username, then you could have a separate sheet or just post on here and users could give the details of their locations and rigs etc, ad that can be looked up if needed. Would be more efficient and less repetitive, no?
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Re: TM1 HF frequency database (Updated 26th May 2010)

Post by 5thElement »

April logs are now up - apologies for the ridiculous delay this month - my fault.
2E0XGA