Hi from Malton

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TD133

Hi from Malton

Post by Crusty Juggler »

Now then folks. I've been trying to get an account here for a little while now. Long story short, I've just figured out the forum software doesn't seem to like Firefox. Weird, but there you go.
Any way, folks call me Al or Crusty Juggler, I've been using a CB for just under a year now and am about to start the Essex Ham course. I fancy getting into some CW. For now I'm really enjoying the CB. I have a President McKinley and a Sirio 4000 on a magmount for the car, but also have a Hawkins SSD58+ which goes on a 12m telescopic pole. I'm usually out static mobile as operating a radio is hopeless with noise at home. If you catch me on the radio I'll likely be on the Yorkshire Wolds somewhere or up on the moors, sometimes over on Sutton Bank too.
Well, this is me waving a hand.
Al
26TD133
Buick Mackane

Re: Hi from Malton

Post by Buick Mackane »

We are experiencing an issue where users are constantly being logged out, But no sign up issues that i'm aware of, Anyhow welcome aboard juggler
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

Crusty Juggler wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 14:17 Now then folks. I've been trying to get an account here for a little while now. Long story short, I've just figured out the forum software doesn't seem to like Firefox. Weird, but there you go.
Any way, folks call me Al or Crusty Juggler, I've been using a CB for just under a year now and am about to start the Essex Ham course. I fancy getting into some CW. For now I'm really enjoying the CB. I have a President McKinley and a Sirio 4000 on a magmount for the car, but also have a Hawkins SSD58+ which goes on a 12m telescopic pole. I'm usually out static mobile as operating a radio is hopeless with noise at home. If you catch me on the radio I'll likely be on the Yorkshire Wolds somewhere or up on the moors, sometimes over on Sutton Bank too.
Well, this is me waving a hand.
Al
26TD133
Welcome, next time you plan a trip to the Moors let me know I will try and contact you.

Thanks
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular

Post by Crusty Juggler »

Cheers fellas!
I'm out most Wednesdays for the North East Midweek Net and often join in with North West Net too. I have started calling out more regularly of late, but not having a lot of success. Do you guys have a calling frequency for TM call signs or just go with the 555? It would be nice to hear more folks on 27.275.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to making contact with some TM call signs. I could hear TM001 the other day, but could get back to him.
Al
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Crusty Juggler wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 12:40 I could hear TM001 the other day, but could get back to him.
That's simon the guy who owns this site
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular

Post by Crusty Juggler »

Buick Mackane wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 12:55 That's simon the guy who owns this site
So I gathered. I broke in on a QSO he was having with Jason who was up on the moors. I could hear both of them, but could only speak to Jason, who relayed my messages to Simon, which is how I got to have an account here.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to the forum. Next time you're up Sutton bank, let us know on the forum. A few of us may be able to make contact :-D
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular

Post by Crusty Juggler »

MrWeetabix wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 15:09 Welcome to the forum. Next time you're up Sutton bank, let us know on the forum. A few of us may be able to make contact :-D
Cheers fella, Will do.
Sythesy
New User
New User

Post by Sythesy »

Morning

Can you pick up the Whitby repeater?

Cheers
Anytone 868
Commtel Com510
SDR dongle
Marine Traffic Pi
Flight Radar Pi
Crusty Juggler
Regular
Regular

Post by Crusty Juggler »

I've not tried as the repeater is on 2m. I don't have a licence yet, though I have just completed module 5 of the Essex Ham course. Once I'm licensed I'll give it a go.

Al