Hygain VIII home base....

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Re: Hygain VIII home base....

Post by Mitch »

Ashtec wrote:By the look's of it they made a few different Hygain VIII home base's...........

Hy-Gain VIII model 120 CH AM / USB / LSB
Motherboard has a number of PTBM035COX

http://www.rogerk.net/forum/index.php?topic=12289.0
That doesn't surprise me tbh, you only have to look at the number of different HyGain V (5) boards and model number, 048's, 121's, 125's etc. and they all started off as 23 channel rigs anyway, and I'm guessing other models went through similar changes as developements and improvements or regional variations were catered for.

I do like Cybernet radios for all there 'idiosyncrasies' err 'features' though :lol: I know they've had their issues but they're easy to fix and modify and when set right can sound quite good, not always 'out of the box' but still good enough for a CB peoples band radio. Think of the target audience and they do the job. I don't want a HyGain VIII (8) myself but I won't blame anyone that does, it's horses for courses at the end of the day.
The perfect face for radio.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

PTBM048

bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

Mitch wrote: That doesn't surprise me tbh, you only have to look at the number of different HyGain V (5) boards and model number, 048's, 121's, 125's etc. and they all started off as 23 channel rigs anyway, and I'm guessing other models went through similar changes as developements and improvements or regional variations were catered for.
i've got five different versions, there is a sixth i need the 5x40 model.
i think the 23ch were all Hy-Range and not badged Hy-Gain so don't really count :)
if they do, then i need a couple more..!!
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Post by cubwolf »

I am not at home at the mo but I do know I can't find a schematic that matches the one that's here at the mo. it's also nothing like the 048 chassis. I think the main is an 035 but the pll part that's part of the channel switch is the odd bit. Going to have another look at it. Been off getting Rusty in Cornwall for the last week or so
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Anybody got the 120 channel Hy-Gain 8 ssb basae schematics diagram or service manual ??????

Seems to be no where on the internet, Retro
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

What is the PCB number? It should be something like PTBM121D4X. Or if there are two PCBs, both PCB numbers.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
m1dxa
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: m1dxa

Post by m1dxa »

I have just acquired one of these Hy-Gain VIII 120 channel homebase boxed with manual
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Nice. I have an older one.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1