President Franklin freqeuncy off-set

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
ballo
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 19DD03

President Franklin freqeuncy off-set

Post by ballo »

Hello all,

I have a President Franklin who is 1-2 kc off freqeuncy. :|
Searched for the servicemanual but i could not find the correct version,however the PCBtype (EPT36001OA ) is the same with my Franklin and the servicedocs i found. :o
First observation are the differences shown in the attachments,for the rest i did not find any differences except in the final stage.

Can anyone help with the correct servicedoc ?

Thanks in advance.
pcbfranklin2.JPG
pcbfranklin.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.pa3hgt.nl
President Veep 40 ch am/fm , President Jackson Classic 6 bands ,HAM International Jumbo 3/Multimode 3/Viking 3,Midland 7001 MK3,President Jackson 2 chrome/JFK Chrome/Lincoln/HR2600/Franklin,Dirland DSS9000F,Petrusse Ecalibur 2002.

14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: President Franklin freqeuncy off-set

Post by 14CS06 »

Photo Collector CB RADIO
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: President Franklin freqeuncy off-set

Post by cb4ever104 »

We've had a discussion before about the Franklin. The image from the component side is from a silver 11Z Franklin. You have a later 10A black one. Regardless, the alignment procedure is more or less the same for all Ranger radios from that era. Is the radio off frequency on all modes ? The 3 vertical coils control the oscillator frequency on AM/USB and LSB. It might be the crystal itself that's off , but you should be able to tune it back using those coils if it's only 1/2khz off
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.