Central /queen street station Glasgow ?

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
DuncanM

Re: Central /queen street station Glasgow ?

Post by DuncanM »

Central is not DMR completely unless Avanti are and the rest arent. I've never heard 453.100 used in central. Mobility Assist in Central is 453.225. I use central every few weeks, i'll be there again shortly before Christmas
benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Post by benfallon89 »

For central i have

453.900 DMR
453.100 NFM
453.225 NFM

For Queen street I have in my radio

benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Post by benfallon89 »

453.550 NFM
453.062 NFM
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

When you say have, does that mean you have it programmed in just in case or have you actually heard chat on them all? I'll be back working in Glasgow in mid December.
benfallon89
Regular
Regular

Post by benfallon89 »

I’ve heard activity on all of them
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

453.0625 is Eastfield
453.100 is Argyll Street
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

I'll be be near Central on Monday at a nearby hostelry. Gateline (barrier) staff are on the same as the rest of the ScotRail staff. I have several Avanti details in my radio and they are all the same talkgroup from Carlisle to Crewe (Penrith, Oxenholme, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan North Western, Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe, also Liverpool Lime Street which is Network Rail managed but both Avanti and Northern have their own frequencies) and Runcorn.
spykeboi
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MM6SPY

Post by spykeboi »

DuncanM wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 21:58 I'll be be near Central on Monday at a nearby hostelry. Gateline (barrier) staff are on the same as the rest of the ScotRail staff. I have several Avanti details in my radio and they are all the same talkgroup from Carlisle to Crewe (Penrith, Oxenholme, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan North Western, Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe, also Liverpool Lime Street which is Network Rail managed but both Avanti and Northern have their own frequencies) and Runcorn.
Eurohostel by any chance?
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

spykeboi wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 10:14
DuncanM wrote: 10 Dec 2022, 21:58 I'll be be near Central on Monday at a nearby hostelry. Gateline (barrier) staff are on the same as the rest of the ScotRail staff. I have several Avanti details in my radio and they are all the same talkgroup from Carlisle to Crewe (Penrith, Oxenholme, Lancaster, Preston, Wigan North Western, Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe, also Liverpool Lime Street which is Network Rail managed but both Avanti and Northern have their own frequencies) and Runcorn.
Eurohostel by any chance?
Hostelry is posh for 'pub'.
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

all I got out of Central, I was listening in for over an hour and a half, was 453.900 nfm, no DMR and no Mobility Assist either. Queen Street was 453.550, no DMR either. There was quite a bit of disruption in the Ayrshire and Inverclyde area and trains 20 to 100 minutes late into Central from London plus cancelations. For Central I was sitting in the Crystal Palace Wetherspoons it sits next to the railway line and close enough to hear the input frequencies. Queen Street I just wandered around for a bit close call waiting. I could hear Central from Queen Street but not the other way round. I made a zone on my 878 with 30 common used frequencies for stations across the UK and listened
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

453.900 yesterday on DMR, it wasn't rail related, Avanti staff use the nfm station frequency in Central.
Something came up on 453.550 on dmr, again it didn't sound rail like, it certainly wasn't a station.
Jacob Hughes
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Jacob Hughes »

central seems to only use DMR if avanti are using it
Last edited by Jacob Hughes on 18 Dec 2022, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

Avanti are there all day. I was waiting in a que for a train that came in 5 minutes after it was due to leave. The two Avanti members of staff were a few feet from me and I could hear their radios. Avanti don't use ScotRail callsigns, they only use platforms 1 and 2. I queued from 20 minutes before it was due to leave and it left 20 minutes late. I had my Anytone scanning a rail frequency zone I made and my Uniden on close call. Even if its a dmr signal it will tell me the frequency it just wont decode it. Network Rail manage the station, their staff use the same as ScotRail, just different callsigns. The mobility assist buggy was out, it once had its own frequency but it didn't come up
bertonumber1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108AT106

Post by bertonumber1 »

I was driving through yesterday and heard activity on 453.1875 DMR And a whistle blowing in background. Just assumed it was the train station. This was near buchanan Street.

Dunno if this is any good to you
Kind Regards

Rab
DuncanM

Post by DuncanM »

The only user listed in Glasgow for that is a shop, but there are plenty of unlisted users. I might be wrong, but the fact you were near Buchanan Street, which is near the bus station, it could have been there. I'm almost certain staff used whistles the last time I was there to let bus drivers know it's safe to reverse out the stance