FireService CH07

Scanning radio frequencies for East Anglia
deadite66
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM7373

FireService CH07

Post by deadite66 »

Started hearing more DMR being used on this channel and what i've heard has been pretty weird, i'm sure its can't be local.

anyone else heard it and has any ideas?
SDRPlay RSP1A + CrossCountryWireless Loop
Icom IC7410 + thunderpole boomerang
Retevis RT90 (opengd77) + Diamond x50
Yupiteru MVT-9000MKII, Baofeng DM-1801 (with opengd77)
AdrianNR30
Regular
Regular

Re: FireService CH07

Post by AdrianNR30 »

Heard this too. Last couple of evenings (Wed/Thu 28/29 Sep) it seems to have been used for an exercise I believe from what I heard at/near Great Yarmouth rail station. The talkgroup & colour code matched the fire service national allocation for channel 7 (Service allocated). I was only getting one sided conversations, what I was getting was coming in fairly strong so I assume that side was coming from some sort of higher powered control unit and I was not receiving the handset replies. As an aside I often hear some sort of comms on 449.3125 re movement of rolling stock, I assume from the sidings at Great Yarmouth, Thursday they complained they couldn't do a movement as there was a fire engine in the way!
Metradio
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G7HID

Post by Metradio »

AdrianNR30 wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 13:19 ......... I was only getting one sided conversations, what I was getting was coming in fairly strong so I assume that side was coming from some sort of higher powered control unit and I was not receiving the handset replies......
Fire Appliance radio switched into mobile repeater mode, Control Room communications repeated out to on scene handhelds...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD V1.

Whistler WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
deadite66
Regular
Regular

Post by deadite66 »

AdrianNR30 wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 13:19 Heard this too. Last couple of evenings (Wed/Thu 28/29 Sep) it seems to have been used for an exercise I believe from what I heard at/near Great Yarmouth rail station. The talkgroup & colour code matched the fire service national allocation for channel 7 (Service allocated). I was only getting one sided conversations, what I was getting was coming in fairly strong so I assume that side was coming from some sort of higher powered control unit and I was not receiving the handset replies. As an aside I often hear some sort of comms on 449.3125 re movement of rolling stock, I assume from the sidings at Great Yarmouth, Thursday they complained they couldn't do a movement as there was a fire engine in the way!
it does make more sense its part of a training exercise someone at work suggested the same, one of the things i heard would have been national news if it was real.
deadite66
Regular
Regular

Post by deadite66 »

Started Hearing DMR being used the last few days on this channel, showing a great yarmouth id.
AdrianNR30
Regular
Regular

Post by AdrianNR30 »

From what I have been able to monitor Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service (in Great Yarmouth anyway) are primarily using analogue still, only noted DMR active when incidents involve the attendance of cross border (i.e. Suffolk) appliances.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Suffolk have some tech savvy firefighters who own some very nice digital radios that might possibly be doing multiple jobs. VHF and UHF capable, and DMR too. If you owned your own radio that could access two separate work radio networks, would you? I think I would
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Suffolk are reverting to analogue for their fireground radios. They’ve found the difficulties of lots of people working close where the delayed echos feedback outweighing the benefits. Simply didn't work for them.