M0AQC digital interface

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
g0slq
Top Poster
Top Poster

M0AQC digital interface

Post by g0slq »

Hi

Anyone on here use these? - I posted in the software/computer section as use one of these, or have done in the past with the supplied serial/RS-232 in an old laptop. The laptop is now too slow to live so am thinking about PSK31 with a seldom-used netbook.

I need an converter - Serial to USB. Does anyone else use any of these M0AQC interfaces? - They are housed in a bonny-blue transparent case and from memory cost about £20 a few years back. I can only remember using mine with Yaesu (supplied lead when ordered) and PSK31. Can't even recall what else they can be used for :oops:
G0SLQ website
Icom IC-7100 + two patchleads and a broken PL
G0TVJ
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G0TVJ

Re: M0AQC digital interface

Post by G0TVJ »

You might not actually need one. Most digital modes work fine using vox to key the transmitter so you only need to worry about getting the audio in and out. There are good and bad ways of doing this but I'm sure there are people on here who know how to do it properly.

I've used an old, very slow, Acer Aspire One to do this, running FLdigi on a basic Linux installation so it's certainly do-able.
Neil
SKCC #9547
FISTS #15918

JO01bu
TL42
backtoskooldaze
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM2010

Re: M0AQC digital interface

Post by backtoskooldaze »

@g0slq, I have 3 of these. I bought them for 3 different radios when i passed my foundation in sept 2009. They work extremely good! All my data mode contacts where made with these interfaces right up to me passing my intermediate licence not long afterwards.

I am just in the process of using them again as i have been off the air for ages and digging out my radios etc....
My first M0acq interdace was for my yaesu ft 747 then another for my ft 840 and an other for my icom 703/706 :)

Very easy to set up but because there is serial connector i am now using a serial to usb adapter on windows10.