Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Re: Roger Bleeps - New for 2021

Post by 1968neil »

Haha the Austin All-Agro… as my father called his !!

You may have actually found a real use for the Fidelity 1000 !! It always made me laugh that the chassis was know as the Great 868 🤣.
A little ambitious to say the least !
The 3000 actually has a use ! The channel display could be use in the Colt Excalibur and Ham jumbo radios 👍
73s
Neil
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

[img]

[img]

[img]

With the component shortages halting the production of the ULTRABLEEP Module i have pushed forward with a design that i had shelved.
This will now replace the ULTRABLEEP module as a redesign has allowed the difficult to source components to be replaced with a newer more easy to source type.
The Mic audio path is always the first point of improvement with most radios, it may be a power mic or just a replacement from a well known manufacturer.
This is where the Ultramic does its magic.
The front end is designed to improve the audio path with a nice high quality pre-amp section followed by a 5 band mic EQ.
No stupid echo chambers or pointless speech processors that just muddy / colour the audio stages.
The whole circuit is fully adjustable from the front panel controls and the Bleep module is controlled by a rotary encoder with a push to select switch the same as the original ultrableep.
I am still to write the firmware / software as i have spent most of my time testing the audio stages to be sure they are as good as can be.
I spent a considerable part of my career in broadcast audio so this is a labour of love for me.
I am open to suggestions for features at this stage.

All this said, i am assuming that there is still some interest in CB radio since the Pandemic boom time ?
It would seem that a large proportion of CB sales are now stateside......

73's

Neil
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

1968neil wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 16:38 Haha the Austin All-Agro… as my father called his !!

You may have actually found a real use for the Fidelity 1000 !! It always made me laugh that the chassis was know as the Great 868 🤣.
A little ambitious to say the least !
The 3000 actually has a use ! The channel display could be use in the Colt Excalibur and Ham jumbo radios 👍
73s
Neil

I think you'll find it's the other way around Neil. Jumbo's and Colt's need to be stripped to provide the displays for Fidelity Homebases! ;)

That's a nice-looking piece of kit above, once again :)

It's not something that I'd personally use, but for those wanting that "little extra" audio or SSB power from the tweaked audio, then I'm sure you'll get some interest.

My only criticism (purely from an aesthetics point of view) is that the 4 bolt heads on the front panel ought to be in black, not silver...and that's it ;)

Nice one.
1968neil
Regular
Regular

Post by 1968neil »

I have them in anodised blue now, so you won’t notice them 😉👍
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

1968neil wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 07:08 I have them in anodised blue now, so you won’t notice them 😉👍
Nice :) I'm OCD about things like that lol.