NOS Westland 707 On Ebay.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Re: NOS Westland 707 On Ebay.

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Yeah I have a Lafayette LMS-200 which is similar in looks but doesn't offer some of the features in this Westland 707... Given which PCB is in both, wondering which one performs the best when both are in top form ?

Any takers with info ?

73's
yaggiboom

Post by yaggiboom »

Auldgeek wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 21:05
astradyne wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 22:43 Looking at recently added feedback they've sold a couple of Telsat 805B homebase rigs as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lafayette-Te ... 635-2958-0
Image two shows dozens of boxes at the rear left. If these are other radios, then there's quite a few!
I would say that the boxes in the background are these. Very nice radios, with the 131 board in them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

yaggiboom wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 08:09
Auldgeek wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 21:05
astradyne wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 22:43 Looking at recently added feedback they've sold a couple of Telsat 805B homebase rigs as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lafayette-Te ... 635-2958-0
Image two shows dozens of boxes at the rear left. If these are other radios, then there's quite a few!
I would say that the boxes in the background are these. Very nice radios, with the 131 board in them.
From what I gather they have the following for sale.

Lafayette 320

Lafayette 1005

Westland 707

CB Master 3600

All NOS.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

yaggiboom wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 08:09
Looks very much like that. I'll keep an eye out for these :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

Out of interest was the price shown what you actually paid…?.. I bought an item from Poland after messaging the seller asking if he would accept an offer which he did but when checking out the price kept jumping above what was agreed … ? Is this just how it works now with European purchases..?

Jason
yaggiboom

Post by yaggiboom »

JibberJabber wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 12:29 Out of interest was the price shown what you actually paid…?.. I bought an item from Poland after messaging the seller asking if he would accept an offer which he did but when checking out the price kept jumping above what was agreed … ? Is this just how it works now with European purchases..?

Jason
I've never paid a different price for their stuff, the only problem now is that there is VAT added by customs.
slamjam
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26DT871

Post by slamjam »

Test
26DT871 - Ipswich UK
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

JibberJabber wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 12:29 Out of interest was the price shown what you actually paid…?.. I bought an item from Poland after messaging the seller asking if he would accept an offer which he did but when checking out the price kept jumping above what was agreed … ? Is this just how it works now with European purchases..?

Jason
Yes, the purchase price stated was the amount I paid. The BIN price was inclusive of VAT so nothing added afterwards.

slamjam
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by slamjam »

Myself and a friend got four telsats between us. They were reasonably priced but are clearly returns or QC failures certainly not new, unopened. All have minor issues (which I expected after having some of the original find ten years ago) Be sure to factor in import and then postage to Nick and back plus the cost of repair. All of them will need alignment after this long!
26DT871 - Ipswich UK
yaggiboom

Post by yaggiboom »

I contacted the seller and asked if they still had a Lafayette AF-320, its a 160 channel am/fm radio built on the 131 board without all the SSB circuits. Same case as the HB940 and Baracuda UK radios. Well he does have some but wants the same price as the Westland, hardly worth the money in that case.Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

slamjam wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 18:24 They were reasonably priced but are clearly returns or QC failures certainly not new, unopened. All have minor issues
Interesting . Glad I never bothered with them .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

slamjam wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 18:24 Myself and a friend got four telsats between us. They were reasonably priced but are clearly returns or QC failures certainly not new, unopened. All have minor issues (which I expected after having some of the original find ten years ago) Be sure to factor in import and then postage to Nick and back plus the cost of repair. All of them will need alignment after this long!
If there are a lot of issues with the radio's you're PayPal protected if it's really bad. Also, of they're not new and sealed NOS, there's SNAD on ebay.

Mine's arrived in the UK according to the tracking. It's taken a while but you have to be fair and factor in Christmas, new year and bank holidays. If any more Telsat's pop up I'd definitely have a punt.

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Well the NOS Westland has landed. Certainly looks brand new. Currently warming it up starting at a low voltage to wake the components up gently. Pics will be posted a little later.

slamjam
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by slamjam »

My AFS-1005 should have arrived today. Fingers crossed!
26DT871 - Ipswich UK
chrisvalley
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26st245

Post by chrisvalley »

Did you get clobbered for any duty or vat?