Recommendations for a nice sounding desk mic please

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
RVCB
Regular
Regular

Recommendations for a nice sounding desk mic please

Post by RVCB »

I am thinking of buying a desk mic.

From your own experiences, can anyone recommend a nice sounding desk microphone please, and have you an audio/video source to show what the microphone sounds like in use.

The only microphone I have identified at the moment as nice sounding is a Yaesu MD-100, used by a local CB radio operator near to me, but it is installed on a Yaesu radio. That is an 8-pin microphone I have found from research, where as my President Mckinley is 6-pin, which may become an issue anyway ???

Any suggestions are appreciated :P
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Recommendations for a nice sounding desk mic please

Post by ch25 »

Behringer XM8500
Works as good as Shure SM58, but more affordable.
Only limitation would be your voice and radio.
https://www.ad5gg.com/2017/10/12/behrin ... ham-radio/
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

RVCB wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 12:05 I am thinking of buying a desk mic.

From your own experiences, can anyone recommend a nice sounding desk microphone please, and have you an audio/video source to show what the microphone sounds like in use.

The only microphone I have identified at the moment as nice sounding is a Yaesu MD-100, used by a local CB radio operator near to me, but it is installed on a Yaesu radio. That is an 8-pin microphone I have found from research, where as my President Mckinley is 6-pin, which may become an issue anyway ???

Any suggestions are appreciated :P
What suits someone else's voice won't necessarily suit yours. Also the radio you use will need to be factored in. Two of the same radio may well sound different to each other despite using the exact same mic on both. You could even go round to the local station with the Yaesu MD-100 to be told you don't sound good.

There are so many variables so the chances are you may have to try a little trial and error until you find a mic that suits both your voice and the radio.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I always found the Sadelta echo master mic's (single meter) to be nice-sounding, clear mic's, even if you don't use the echo at all.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Another vote here for either a Sadelta Bravo plus or the Echomaster plus (Single meter). They sounds great on most radios.

I did also have an Astatic silver Eagle, but apart from looking nice I think that they are overrated and would choose a Sadelta for the better audio quality.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
RVCB
Regular
Regular

Post by RVCB »

Thanks guys.