Murrayfield Ref Radio Frequency ?

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
Ur5by9

Murrayfield Ref Radio Frequency ?

Post by Ur5by9 »

Trying to find out the frequency for the Ref Talk Radio.

I bought a few of those Ref Talk Radio's at the last game but as have a few portable scanners I could get a better reception and quality.

I done a search online as some seem to say its on 96.5 mhz ?

My other thought was to use a signal generator to try and find it with the Ref Talk Radio i have however that could take a bit of digging out.

So trying you guys first.
jhampton2000

Re: Murrayfield Ref Radio Frequency ?

Post by jhampton2000 »

Hi, it will be 88-108MHz WFM and my google search found the same frequency as you 96.5 but it's not necessarily up to date. A quick hunt with any reasonable FM receiver will pick it up, but it will be very low power/short range. They operate just like those cheapo Car FM Transmitters available on ebay/amazon.

Note you are only listening to a rebroadcast of the reflink on this WFM frequency, not the actual ref/linesman/TMO radio link. It will use something like this: https://www.vokkero.com/en/
Ur5by9

Post by Ur5by9 »

Brlliant informatioin thanks for this, I was digging out my old Dip oscilator to try and narrow it down. Many thanks
jhampton2000

Post by jhampton2000 »

You could also buy one of those tunable in-car FM transmitters, sweep the band and see what frequency the Ref Radio lights up on. They are only about £5. I find them handy for a number of uses, also good for discrete scanner listening by rebroadcasting the audio to a mobile or car radio speakers.