AOR AR-DV10 DIGITAL

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
dosformat
Regular
Regular

AOR AR-DV10 DIGITAL

Post by dosformat »

Good afternoon all,

I'm looking at purchasing a AOR AR-DV10 DIGITAL, however I have some concerns around some of the stories that the frequencies drift quite a lot. It's a lot of money to spend on a handheld scanner and I don't really want to do this if it's not fit for purpose.

Does anyone have one of these scanners and have the issues been resolved and would it be worth spending the money on a handheld scanner that can decode all modes.

Kind regards,
Dos
Chris64ex4
Regular
Regular

Re: AOR AR-DV10 DIGITAL

Post by Chris64ex4 »

dosformat wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 15:59 Good afternoon all,

I'm looking at purchasing a AOR AR-DV10 DIGITAL, however I have some concerns around some of the stories that the frequencies drift quite a lot. It's a lot of money to spend on a handheld scanner and I don't really want to do this if it's not fit for purpose.

Does anyone have one of these scanners and have the issues been resolved and would it be worth spending the money on a handheld scanner that can decode all modes.

Kind regards,
Dos
I would recommend you give consideration to the Uniden Bearcat 3600xlt instead. Far better scanner. I have experience of both.
jhampton2000

Post by jhampton2000 »

I too have experience of both, and agree with Chris: I recommend you go with the Uniden 3600. You will only be disappointed with the AOR DV10.
HUNGERFORD
Regular
Regular

Post by HUNGERFORD »

I use the whistler trx1 and have no problems with it simple to use . Some of the dmr scanners are realily meant for the usa and are not so easy to use. All scannes have their good and bad points trouble is you have to find the one with the good points you need. Good luck with making your decision.
dosformat
Regular
Regular

Post by dosformat »

Thank you all for your feedback and comments.

I think I'm going to be stearing clear from the AOR and look towards something else.

Regards,
Dos