Hi Everyone

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
KB312
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: KB312

Hi Everyone

Post by KB312 »

Hi everyone.
Just registered here in the forum for help, advice and new friends.
Just retired at 55 and wanted to get back into the hobby. Its 34 years since I left the Hobby as I was unable to carry on in CB due to the over saturation on the channels. I was a DX’er by heart and many hours spent on the hills on overnighters to get that long distance copy.
My call sign has not changed, KB312. I was a active member of the Kilo Brava’s in Killamarsh, Sheffield. The club I think must be abandoned now. My Midland Alan 42 DS came today. Got a contact at Worksop but he could hear me from my boxed aerial, but I have a 2ft aerial coming this week. I was attracted to the Alan as I do a lot of walking and DX’ing so it served two purposes.
I used to have a Harrier CBX and a large (two bricks) Realistic Handheld which ate batteries. I used to get military radio batteries from the military market and strip the wires open for use as it was cheaper. No rechargeables in the 80’s.

My plan is to eventually get out on the hills in the car and get some copies.
Additionally to completed my Foundation Course, but no idea what I can do with that yet. It would have to mobile and have a challenge as my fears is it may be too easy to get that long distance copy. Correct me if I’m wrong which a probably am.

Warm wishes to all of you from Bob.
I still have my album full of QSL cards.
Bob - KB312.
Old to the Hobby but new to the game!
CB, SSB, PMR446 & Network Radio
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by porky.69 »

welcome bob. enjoy the forum :thumbup:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
Rocket man
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 26TE868

Post by Rocket man »

Hi Bob. I to was on cb back in early 80s
I have midland alan ds 42
Do you find that people say the mic is very quiet.
I was wondering if I can get a 2 pin power mic
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to the forum and back to radio!

Certainly no issues with over saturation on the channels these days though.

We now have legal SSB if you’re into DXing, may be something you want to move onto in time

Be sure to let us know when and where you get out and about and we can make sure we have our ears on for you :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |