CRT SS-7900 PROGRAMMING HELP NEEDED

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

CRT SS-7900 PROGRAMMING HELP NEEDED

Post by WARLOCK »

I am trying to programme a CRT-SS 7900 , I have got the programme cable /downloded the programme frm the internet BUT when i try to connect the radio to the computer all i get is CHECK CONNECTION / RETRY OR CANCEL someone said i need to get the drivers for the cable ??? how do i do this . also i have told to make sure that i am useing the correct com port how do i find this out , So in other words i am compleatly lost and am in need of HELP ???
Buick Mackane

Re: CRT SS-7900 PROGRAMMING HELP NEEDED

Post by Buick Mackane »

Ask mr weety to change your name to MR HELP. Your driving me fooking nuts with your never ending help threads
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

I thought the idea of a forum was to help amongst other things.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Alan Pilot wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 20:05 I thought the idea of a forum was to help amongst other things.
Yeah i totally agree, But this guy takes the p1ss, He starts threads and most of the time he doesn't reply to them, Or repeatedly asks the same questions which have already been answered, And i'm not the only member who has a problem with it,
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

The programming software can be found here - http://www.ewwa.net/software/SS_7900_Setup_1.00.exe

The Driver can be found here - https://www.ewwa.net/drivers/Prolific-v1.80.zip

The user guide for the driver is included in the ZIP file, but I've posted it below...

PL2303 Windows Driver User Manual v1.18.0.pdf

To be fair, if you're not brilliant with PCs, USB Programming and installing drivers on a PC, then you're probably better off spending a little more time manually programming the radio instead. Probably quicker than faffing about with drivers and that.

The CRT 7900 Manual is here - http://www.cbradio.nl/crt/Manual_CRT_SS7900_ENG.pdf

Specifically this...
memstore.PNG
Warlock, that Took me 5 mins on google to grab it all. I think some members get a little frustrated with you because you always seem to be asking questions about the latest whatsit you've bought or want to buy (which isnt bad thing). Perhaps a little research ahead of buying would serve you well?

Yes, forums are here to help, but as I have just shown, the information is out there to get relatively easily. There is a search function on the forum which is very effective and there's also Google, which is the default font of most knowledge. Hopefully the above will be of use, but if you really aren't great with Tech, maybe stick to old-school radios going forward.

Can I ask that even when frustrated, we all behave cordially towards each other and try not to let things escalate. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

MrWeetabix wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 22:42
Can I ask that even when frustrated, we all behave cordially towards each other and try not to let things escalate. Thank you.
no probs craig :thumbup:
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

Not noticed him asking all the time.
And yes i have replied to many posts on forums with "have you tried the search" or even with "google is your friend".
Does he ever say thanks' ??
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

Alan Pilot wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 05:32
Not very often, Thats another sore point with members, Don't get me wrong iv'e nothing against the guy personally, I don't know him, But his HELP Threads are getting ridiculous
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

I clicked on "new posts" earlier today and his name was on 4 or 5 of the 8 posts there.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Buick Mackane wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 08:50
Alan Pilot wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 05:32
Not very often, Thats another sore point with members, Don't get me wrong iv'e nothing against the guy personally, I don't know him, But his HELP Threads are getting ridiculous
Couldn't agree more. I've lost count of the times I've helped & you almost never hear a thing back. I simply don't any longer.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

It is a nightmare trying to explain how to investigate Windows com port and driver problems on a forum so maybe your best bet would be to sell that radio and buy one pre programmed, but if you want my advice, not from the dealer who shall not be named in Redruth, Cornwall.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

Thanks for the advice Mikel but as for the dealer in Cornwall have bought many things from him in the past and have had no problems . I have bought another cable and software from Knights problem solved ?
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

WARLOCK wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 10:19 Thanks for the advice Mikel but as for the dealer in Cornwall have bought many things from him in the past and have had no problems . I have bought another cable and software from Knights problem solved ?
Ah, great stuff, let us know how you get on with it. :thumbup:
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

As i said pronlem solved .
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

WARLOCK wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 13:04 As i said pronlem solved .
No you said 'problem solved?' with a question mark on the end which suggests you were asking a question. But if your problem is solved then I would say to you - great stuff :)