South East Wales Courses

A place to discuss the amateur radio licence, training and examination.
GW0DIV
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW0DIV

South East Wales Courses

Post by GW0DIV »

Is anyone looking for courses in the Rhondda, south east Wales area?

We're about to start foundation and intermediate level courses with a full following shortly. If you just want your assesments and exams (Alannah) we will do that also, we don't charge for training - the only expense is books, projects and tests.

See the RARS link in my signiture - don't think we've ever turned anyone away yet!!
http://www.facebook.com/southwalesradio

http://www.radioclubs.net/rars/

Twitter: @GW0DIV

President of Bristol Channel Repeater Group
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: South East Wales Courses

Post by alannah »

GW0DIV wrote:Is anyone looking for courses in the Rhondda, south east Wales area?

We're about to start foundation and intermediate level courses with a full following shortly. If you just want your assesments and exams (Alannah) we will do that also, we don't charge for training - the only expense is books, projects and tests.

See the RARS link in my signiture - don't think we've ever turned anyone away yet!!
I admire you for offering the opportunity to people like me who want just the assesments and exams and good luck to you and the club.

Unfortunately just like John Lennon once said 'Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans' and I lost my (highly paid!) job just before Christmas and all my cash is going to feed the kids etc at present.

If i find another job soon I will contact you.

I hope you get a better example of the human race than the local Blackwood & District Amateur Radio Society have had lately - i'm listening to one recently licensed GW6 on air now (Ian - wont give his callsign) and his language and conduct on air is quite frankly frightening.

Puts me off going to that club, thats for sure :D
SilverKnight

Post by SilverKnight »

alannah wrote:
GW0DIV wrote:Is anyone looking for courses in the Rhondda, south east Wales area?

I admire you for offering the opportunity to people like me who want just the assesments and exams and good luck to you and the club.

Unfortunately just like John Lennon once said 'Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans' and I lost my (highly paid!) job just before Christmas and all my cash is going to feed the kids etc at present.

If i find another job soon I will contact you.

I hope you get a better example of the human race than the local Blackwood & District Amateur Radio Society have had lately - i'm listening to one recently licensed GW6 on air now (Ian - wont give his callsign) and his language and conduct on air is quite frankly frightening.

Puts me off going to that club, thats for sure :D
I am the Foundation Licence Tutor for the Blackwood & District Amateur Radio Society and I take exception at the comments you have made. It is all well and good to have a go at individuals that break their licence conditions, report them to OFCOM as soon as you here the bad language by all means, but please do not knock the reputation of the club due to the actions of one recently licensed individual.

Before you judge the club please come and visit us on any friday night in school term time to see what we are like for your self. We meet at Oakdale Comprehensive School at 7pm.

I can tell you now that everyone that attends the foundation licence course that I teach are taught the correct way to operate and that foul language and abuse has no place in amateur radio and that they could lose their licences if reported.

I know the person you speak of and I shall remind him of his licence conditions when I see him next.
73's
Mark
http://www.mw0mau.net
163TM018 (no longer used)
MW6MAU
2W0UAA
MW0MAU
Foundation Instructor Blackwood ADRS
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

Hi Mark

I have the greatest respect for you and for the Blackwood club, unfortunately a small minority of your members obviously don't hold the same opinion of you as I have, judging by their conduct on air.

No doubt you do take exception at the comments I have made, I would not expect you to react in any other way, but unfortunately they were factual not just my opinion.

These individuals betray you and all the time and effort you put into helping them achieve their goal of becoming licensed amateurs, as well as bringing disrepute upon the historical Blackwood & District Amateur Radio Society.

No doubt the problem is endemic, but due to my geographical location I can only comment upon local people who openly state they are members of the Blackwood club.

Perhaps contacting OFCOM is a good idea, but the potential headline in the Southgate Amateur Radio News, if a member (or members) of your club had their licensed revoked may not make good reading.

Also maybe i'm just getting old and this sort of language is accepted these days, but i'm sorry I find it offensive and totally against the ethos of what the radio hobby is all about.

I honestly wish you and the Blackwood club all the best, its people like you that make the world a better place by offering your time and experience to help others, I was just incensed by an individuals repeated actions and you correct obviously, I should not judge the club by the actions of 1 or 2 individuals.

Regards Alannah :D
GW0DIV
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW0DIV

Post by GW0DIV »

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

Still got room if anyone's interested, also hoping to start Intermediate and full very shortly!!
http://www.facebook.com/southwalesradio

http://www.radioclubs.net/rars/

Twitter: @GW0DIV

President of Bristol Channel Repeater Group