Hi Everyone

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
alphacomputers
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by alphacomputers »

Conor wrote:

York amateur radio club are probably the people to get hold of. There's one in Hull but its so good, two people from Hull go to Hornsea ARC instead and a Hull ham operator recommended I do my course at Hornsea as all Hull ARC seem to talk about is photography.
Are you referring to the club in Cottingham? I have emailed them but have also contacted the one in Goole. I would joinyou in Hornsea but that's a little far for me to travel, well when there's clubs nearer that is.

Eric
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by jazzsinger »

Wasn't using silly power either - not even half of the 50W needed to get into Europe on 27MHz. OK, the signal was a 1 but readability was 4-5 which is what matters. Sod all chance of ever doing that with CB.

WTF?

I've regulary got into europe on a magmount (megawatt 4000) on less than 25w recently on 11m.Well I believe france,corsica,germany,belgium and spain are all still in europe.Not to mention a line of sight contact into the republic of Ireland and a few into n.ireland.Maybe your cb set up sucked.All had signals well above s1 and readibility was always r5.
Banned Account
alphacomputers
Regular
Regular

Hi Everyone

Post by alphacomputers »

Hi again everyone

I have not been on here since I joined last year, not that I couldn't be bothered I just didn't have the time to do anything with radio.

Not sure if i said in my first post but I got 1 sirio for my birthday in oct 2009, believe it or not I have just this minute managed to get it all connected and anteena wired up, so if you here 26-TM-226 that is me... I really do hope I get to speak to some of you guys over the radio... Nice to here Italy on the radio again as well as Germany, by the was I served in the army and was posted to Germany 1990-1994 and gained the 13 AT 454 callsign, just thought I would mention it just incase any of you heard me calling all those years ago.. Happy DX'ing