Magnum Rally, Irvine

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Magnum Rally, Irvine

Post by Andrew »

No, they wont be luxury choc ices for sale, or cars either, but for those who don't yet know, there is the Magnum (Radio) Rally on May the 8th this year. Opening time is 10am, and it closes at 4.

Admission is +?3 for adults, and accompanied children (under 14s) are free. (As in admission, not literally)

For those who have never been, it's in the main hall, and for sale will be first and second hand (at least) radio and computer accessories. And sweeties too!

Old mobile phones (not quite Dom Jolly in appearance) are also there. It's a good place to meet up with fellow radio people, and adjourn to the local hostelry at the bottom of the ramp leading up to the main door. I'm not plugging it as such, but the one starting with 'M' and ending in 'arina' is my local.

Amatuers will be on 145.525, the Magnum staff are 459.800.

You can leave and re enter, as you get a wee sticker to say you have paid.

I hope to be there, spending tokens allowing. Someone may have employed me by then too! I also may be in America!

The Magnum is served by buses from Kilmarnock (Stagecoach 21's) and the railway station is about a 15 minute walk away. It's about 35 mins to Glasgow, 20 to Ayr.

Anyone want to know any more about directions let me know.

Basically its just follow signs for the Harbourside, and the big white corrugated box is what you are after. The ramp for the main door is between the Marina and Ship Inn pubs. The bus stops there too.
Banned Account
StuartC
Regular
Regular

Post by StuartC »

al be goin n maybe bring a few folk along.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

An apology in advance, I like that :D

I found out yesterday I could be starting a job soon, the induction is on Tuesday in deepest darkest Kilwinning, so I should hopefully be able to go. I'll start my wish list now anyway.
Banned Account
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Anyone else dare to admit they will be going? I can stay til about 3, as I have to be in Costa Del Saltcoats by 5 :?

I wish it was the month after, then I'd have a bit more dosh to spend. I only need, or can afford a few bits and bats. I'd like to be able to completely assemble my discone, the top section has gone amiss. I'll probably be there for it opening, and a partially iquid lunch will ensue before toddling off.
Banned Account
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

See you there whoever is going, I'll be the one in the MacKenzie with my trusty AR lurking somewhere, it's batteries are slowly charging as I type.
Banned Account
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Did anyone go?
Banned Account