PMR446 & 27Mhz Gateway (eQSO & FRN) help and chat

Have you found an interesting radio related website? Don't keep it to yourself, post it in here. The best ones will also be added to the weblinks database!
Adam MPT001
Regular
Regular

PMR446 & 27Mhz Gateway (eQSO & FRN) help and chat

Post by Adam MPT001 »

Shameless plug :) If you are interested in setting up a PMR446 or 27Mhz gateway then drop in on us. Help and advice is available on setting up brand new gateways or trouble shooting existing gateway problems. We need more gateways in the UK :)

http://www.446muppets.co.uk
T1z3R

Re: PMR446 & 27Mhz Gateway (eQSO & FRN) help and chat

Post by T1z3R »

i had a nosey, then promptly left when i saw the chavgangs ad banner :lol:
they can make games out of anything these days those clever script kiddies.
by the time you get to the end youll realise this is just my signature.
Adam MPT001
Regular
Regular

Post by Adam MPT001 »

T1z3R wrote:i had a nosey, then promptly left when i saw the chavgangs ad banner :lol:
they can make games out of anything these days those clever script kiddies.

haha I run that website too :)
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 108TM154

Post by gmham »

Guys looking to listen into these pmr 446 gateways, whats the best one to choose for most action ie frn or eqso ?? d/loaded the frn one but appears to be a lot off foreign rooms ??

any particularly active rooms I could look out for ??
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

Moxon antenna for 10/20 mtrs

——
John - 108TM154 / 108CO154
Adam MPT001
Regular
Regular

Post by Adam MPT001 »

gmham wrote:Guys looking to listen into these pmr 446 gateways, whats the best one to choose for most action ie frn or eqso ?? d/loaded the frn one but appears to be a lot off foreign rooms ??

There is probably a little more UK activity on eQSO although I think FRN is a better program.

The main UK based servers on eQSO are:

themuppets.servebeer.com
Port: 10024 This has a room crosslinked to Austraila. This is my server.

Port: 1004 This has users from Sheffield, York, Southend. I also pop in now and again myself to say hello. They are also croslinked into FRN. Their FRN server is the one near the bottom that begins with zzzzz

That will get you some UK action for now :) We really could do with a load more UK users, including new gateway ops. Gateways are quite easy to set up. A cheap Pentium2or3 PC off Ebay for £30 is all you need for a link PC.

Regards, Adam
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Adam MPT001 wrote:
gmham wrote:Guys looking to listen into these pmr 446 gateways, whats the best one to choose for most action ie frn or eqso ?? d/loaded the frn one but appears to be a lot off foreign rooms ??

There is probably a little more UK activity on eQSO although I think FRN is a better program.

themuppets.servebeer.com

Port: 1004 This has users from Sheffield, York, Southend. I also pop in now and again myself to say hello. They are also croslinked into FRN. Their FRN server is the one near the bottom that begins with zzzzz

That will get you some UK action for now :) We really could do with a load more UK users, including new gateway ops. Gateways are quite easy to set up. A cheap Pentium2or3 PC off Ebay for £30 is all you need for a link PC.

Regards, Adam
Okay cheers appreciatte the info, still waitting for my account to be activated on the FRN one, filled in the online form and submitted it and was told to expect and email with my new password, unfortunatly never did receive the email !!

will check out eQSO anyway. thanks again.

p.ss tried to d/load the eqso software from the above link unfortunatly when I attempted to open the d/load my Kaspersky av kicked in and reported it as a backdoor trojan, false postive ??
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Adam MPT001 wrote:

themuppets.servebeer.com

Regards, Adam
Okay thanks mate finally got the eqso software installed and running, unfortunatly still to here any english speaking users ??!!

bit confused regards the two mainj uk servers you refer to ie. dont see them listed on the eqso system monitor, infact the only one I can see english speaking is MB7ICK-L, I take it the two uk based ones are just switched off just now hence I am not actually seeing them within the drop down list on the system monitor ??

bit confused if someone can just help me out ??

cheers guys
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
G0TVJ
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: G0TVJ

Post by G0TVJ »

MB7ICK-L is an amateur gateway, not a 446 one. Do you have the correct version of eqso installed?

Neil
Neil
SKCC #9547
FISTS #15918

JO01bu
TL42
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Neil_M wrote:MB7ICK-L is an amateur gateway, not a 446 one. Do you have the correct version of eqso installed?

Neil

Oops probably not :oops: did not realise there was two versions !! will go look for the correct one now !!!
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Okay help !!

went to d/load the correct version, started d/load and was given a trojan alert via my av software ?? hopefully false positive ?? anyway d/loaded and used Winrar to unzip the file, got a message similar to the following " winrar diagnostic the archive is either in unkown format or damaged "

any idea ?? is the d/load safe ??
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
G0TVJ
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by G0TVJ »

You can get the up-to-date version here: http://www.pmr-radio.net/

Or maybe that's where you got it from?

I believe you will have to uninstall the old/incorrect version before you install the pmr446 version.

Neil
Neil
SKCC #9547
FISTS #15918

JO01bu
TL42
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by gmham »

Okay thanks neil thats great appreciatte the info, all downloaded and working fine, just a pity there does not seem a lot off englsih stations to actually listen to !!

is there more activity a certain night off the week or is it just a case off trying it whenver possible incase there may be a bit off action actually taking place ??!!
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

——
G0TVJ
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by G0TVJ »

Sorry, I have no idea :| I used to run a 446 gateway a few years ago but I haven't done so for ages and I don't know what's going on on eqso these days. Hopefully there'll be others on here who are a bit more up-to-date on things and may be able to help.

Neil
Neil
SKCC #9547
FISTS #15918

JO01bu
TL42
jasondolan
Regular
Regular

Post by jasondolan »

I set-up an FRN Gateway in Condorrat. I have my own server too, been running a week on a spare PC using FRN and only had one person call in. So I have moved my gateway to 446 muppets server for now.

Also, about eQSO they don't allow non amateurs to register now.
The other program PMR radio looks horrible (interface) and there is not any UK activity on there.
Fact I joined the Aussie room, there was about 6 guys in that room and I was hardly there and was banned.
Don't you hate that? I didn't even get a chance to talk. The same happened to me when I joined an Italian network gateway on FRN, it was very busy and seemed good but they didn't want me there :cry: .
I think if users are going to be like that.. kicking other countries out, then what's the point?.
The point is to link PMR 446 all over the world, so we can all talk... Not boot people out because they are not in your home country. :evil:
gbr1ab
New User
New User

Post by gbr1ab »

Hi, I know this reply might be a little late.

There are two versions of eQso, you want the one for PMR446 & CB.
FRN (Free Radio Network) has only one version. (I might be wrong about this).

Follow the link below and the links are at the top of the page.

http://uk1ab.no-ip.biz/links.html

http://uk1ab.no-ip.biz/links.html

73 de Wes UK1AB Sheffield