Added my dmr id

Use this section to discuss Digital Amateur Radio operations, such as D-Star and other digitally-encoded traffic
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Added my dmr id

Post by 2j4ez »

Hello all I've got a rt3 dmr radio (md380) clone . I managed to regeister on the dmr network and have my id I've added my Id to the radio under md380 tools and add dmr Id . But the radio won't let me transmit it just beeps and the light turns red .
It's had a code plug installed I can select a repeater and hear chat maybe I need to add on a pc?

What am I doing wrong ??
madman1027

Re: Added my dmr id

Post by madman1027 »

it can take a while for the dmr ID to be validated by a network admin, I had to wait a couple of days for mine.
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Post by 2j4ez »

Ok thanks for the info I'll give it a few days
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Post by 2j4ez »

Its been 5 days and it still won't let me transmit not sure what's going on? maybe I should send them a email?
All that happens to the radio is the light on the top flashes red then it beeps to say theres a error.

Anybody else had this issue?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Can you post a zipped version of your codeplug so it can be scrutinised for errors?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Post by 2j4ez »

The first thing I'm going to try is to get a latest code plug and install it on the radio and see what happens.

Ill have to dig out a old windows laptop and install the software for the radio on it. As I've not used windows in nearly 12 years

Then I'll report back here and tell you how what happened
2j4ez
Regular
Regular

Post by 2j4ez »

Ive managed to install xp on a old laptop and installed the radio software and cable driver I can transmit data to and from the radio now.

Ive got a London and south east code plug from ham goodies opened it with program added my DMR ID and wrote the code plug to the radio.
Ive selected a zone on the radio and it still won't let me transmit. it seems theres a shield blue and red when thats displayed I cannot transmit.
If the shield had a arrow and a line by it I can transmit ?

Wheres the best place to get a code plug from? I used had used cqodeplug central .co.uk but that seems to be down

Any more advice would be great
GaryWilson
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0GGQ

Post by GaryWilson »

Does the radio attempt to transmit then beep? are you sure you are in range of your local DMR repeater? if I'm out of range when I press PTT it tries to transmit then beeps with the red led lit up.
26CT1836 2E0GGQ
Merlinonline
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0CPX

Post by Merlinonline »

2j4ez wrote: 18 Sep 2017, 21:02 Ive managed to install xp on a old laptop and installed the radio software and cable driver I can transmit data to and from the radio now.

Ive got a London and south east code plug from ham goodies opened it with program added my DMR ID and wrote the code plug to the radio.
Ive selected a zone on the radio and it still won't let me transmit. it seems theres a shield blue and red when thats displayed I cannot transmit.
If the shield had a arrow and a line by it I can transmit ?

Wheres the best place to get a code plug from? I used had used cqodeplug central .co.uk but that seems to be down

Any more advice would be great
Your repeater inputs are the same as the repeater outputs, that is why it not working, Also make your you have the inputs and outputs in the right order, if a repeater website says it transmits on so and so and receives on something else then you need to reverse them on your radio