Stryker Sr 955 Hpc USB fault..

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Raverrst
Call Sign: 26LW29

Stryker Sr 955 Hpc USB fault..

Post by Raverrst »

Hi All,
As in title iv had a recent purchase of Stryker Sr 955, However Not all is well, USB is way off frequency and sounding very thin to the point that it’s distorting any incoming signals, Lsb is on frequency and usable, am/Fm also seem fine, power outputs around 60watts. Is there any known faults with theses sets to cause this usb issue? I read about putting the radio in factory set mode etc unfortunately I didn’t get the programming cable, but would this really pull usb back in as its quite away off and thin in tone etc..

Thanks for any help with this guys..
Radios, radio!!
Techquest
Call Sign: 29VLF125

Re: Stryker Sr 955 Hpc USB fault..

Post by Techquest »

Hi you don't need the cable to reset .

With the radio turned off, press and hold the FUNC, COLOR & SCAN buttons.
While still pressing and holding them, power the radio on. The radio will display “REST ALL”,
Now release the buttons and wait for the radio to display “REST END”.
Then turn the radio off and then back on, it’s now been restored to the factory software settings.
Techquest AKA Jedi
Av101 Astro Plane Old Imax n Loads of Radios
Mmmmmmmmmmm ADAMS n other Presidents
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Edd200sx »

Techquest wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 19:39 Hi you don't need the cable to reset .

With the radio turned off, press and hold the FUNC, COLOR & SCAN buttons.
While still pressing and holding them, power the radio on. The radio will display “REST ALL”,
Now release the buttons and wait for the radio to display “REST END”.
Then turn the radio off and then back on, it’s now been restored to the factory software settings.
That won’t reset the ssb offsets though they are done via
Service menu. I’ve done one before royal pain in the arse
DELETE MY ACCOUNT
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

Thanks for the reply’s, iv have indeed tried the reset procedure but to no avail. Why would just usb go so far out? it’s about 3kc’s off and sounds very thin and very distorted The other modes all seem fine. Would the service setting really pull it back from being so far out?
Radios, radio!!
Edd200sx
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Edd200sx »

Raverrst wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 22:09 Thanks for the reply’s, iv have indeed tried the reset procedure but to no avail. Why would just usb go so far out? it’s about 3kc’s off and sounds very thin and very distorted The other modes all seem fine. Would the service setting really pull it back from being so far out?
Probably not. Likely something else is pulling the crystal
DELETE MY ACCOUNT
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

I’m thinking the same. Any thoughts as to what could be at fault? Was hoping its a common failing with these sets as iv stumbled across a couple of others having this type of problem..
Radios, radio!!
Raverrst

Post by Raverrst »

Just a very “late” update to this thread, it may help someone with the same fault. It was indeed the usb crystal a common fault apparently, I contacted Stryker and the sent one from the States F.O.C, I wasn’t the original owner of the radio, what fantastic service, fitted the part problem sovold ..
Radios, radio!!
13EL121
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 13DA121

Post by 13EL121 »

Had a CRT9900 with a faulty 10.6975 crystal as well. Replaced it with one from a scrap Lincoln 2. The original crystal failed completely. 🙈