1. Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, insults and "flaming" are not tolerated. Disagreeing with an idea of another community member is different from attacking that individual. Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other forum users or people in the community will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated. Personal or business issues with other members, individuals, organisations or companies should be kept OFF the forums. Deal with it privately, not on here.
2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic and/or frivolous commentary will not be tolerated and such posts may be deleted or split IF a relevant section for a new topic exists and is warranted.
3. No posting in ALL CAPS or all bold please. Like wise, please don't unnecessarily post in alternative colours. It can be used for great effect to highlight a section of text, but please don't overuse it. It can make reading the forum posts unpleasant for other forum users. Not everyone is necessarily using the same forum background colour as you. Posting in ALL CAPS or all bold or constantly in alternative colours is the internet equivalent of shouting. It's just plain rude, please don't do it. Posts submitted in ALL CAPS, all bolds or in alternative colours may be deleted without prior warning.
4. Although we appreciate the extra information and sources brought to the forums, due to copyright and space issues, please do not quote entire news articles from other sources; small excerpts and/or a link keeps things legal. When quoting external sources, please provide a link.
5. Do not pretend to be or claim to represent somebody or something else. You may only post as an individual, you may not post as a representative of a Business or Organisation without express written permission of the site owner (Transmission1). Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
6. You alone are responsible for the material you post. You will not knowingly post content or links to content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party. Likewise, you may not post comments, content or links to content that is libellous, defamatory, offensive, obscene, racist, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate.
7. Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places. Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
8. No useless posts. This includes: Repetitive thread bumping, useless one liners, Flame wars, Trolling and Spamming.
9. Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting is prohibited. Business or commercial advertising of any kind is not permitted without express written permission from the site administrator (Transmission1). Non radio related links are not welcome. Signature (or post body) graphics/widgets that dynamically display visitors/members IP address/Host/Browser/OS information back at them or that display dynamically updated information are not welcome. If your signature banner is larger than your actual post content, it's probably too big. We reserve the right to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
10. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in these rules they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderation Team. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned or have their posting rights removed. If you wish to report a post, please use the 'report this post' button that is located at the top right hand corner of each and every post (or top left if using the 610nm style).
11. Posting potentially libellous details about specific auction sales and specific auction site users on this forum is not allowed. This website has no connection with any auction website. If you choose to use an auction website, you do it at your own risk.
12. Crowd-funding posts or requests to donate to charity are not allowed on TM1 without express written permission of the site owner (Transmission1). If in doubt, please PM a member of the Moderation Team who can advise
13. Trading Post:
- Only the selling of your own radio related items is permitted on this forum. This includes (but is not limited to) transceivers/receivers, antennas, stations accessories, coaxial cables, data cables, computer systems for interfacing with radio equipment. Non radio-related items will be removed by the moderation team without warning. If you are unsure that a certain item is permitted or not then please PM a moderator before posting.
- If you wish to list an item for sale, put the details on here and offer it for sale on here. If it's listed on another website as well, state that this is the case and put a link to the other website at the bottom of the advert on TM1. Simply posting a web link to where your item is being sold will result in your post being removed without warning.
- For your safety please use the PM function in the forum to contact other trading partners rather than posting your email addresses or telephone number directly on your listing.
- Our site acts as the venue for sellers to list items. The TM1 ownership or moderation Team are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety, legality, history or accuracy of the listings stated. TM1 also holds no information on users beyond what they have willingly shared. Both the seller and buyer assume responsibility for the sale and purchase of items. If you are unsure, don't trade.
- Anyone caught selling stolen goods will be immediately banned from the site and their membership terminated. All logs of their activities while on the forums will be turned over to any interested authorities.
- New members (Newly registered users status) are not permitted to post adverts. This is to prevent people joining with the only intention of posting dodgy adverts. Once a new members account is upgraded, they have full posting privileges.
- This is not an auction website, if we see forum users posting adverts that look like "silent auctions" (... open to offers), then the moderation team will delete the advert and possibly restrict the users future posting privileges in the Trading Post section. Please state a price or your post will be removed