Hi Sue .
I'm thinking of having a go at doing the RX and TX tuning mods on one of my 2824 radios . I'm going to be using through hole components , so I just wanted to check a few things . Before I start I'll check your RX and TX pcb layout is the same as mine , as we had some issues with this when doing the expansion part .
1) You say that you replaced the original VCO varicap with a SMD . What equivalent through hole part # would that be ?
2) I'll check the RX "trackwork" that you did against my radio .
3) Looking at the RX and TX parts , I think I'll need 5 x BB809 , 1 x 0.1uF ceramic , 2 x 0.001uF ceramics on the RX and 3 x 100k resistors . Can you just confirm what value the cap is on the TX board . 0.001uF ?
4) You started with 3 diodes on the RX test , but removed one . Right ? So I now only need 4 , and not 5 . Right ?
5) I need to replace C77 with a 56pF .
I think that's right . Could you just double check it for me .