Rotator ?

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
nordhavn
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Rotator ?

Post by nordhavn »

Ill be ordering a Ciro baby loop in the next couple of weeks and wish to have it mounted on a rotator . I have no idea which one to go for & what ill need . It doesn't have to be a heavy duty one as the base of the antenna will only be 2m above ground . Any suggestions would be appreciated .
Regards
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Rotator ?

Post by ch25 »

AR-303 should do.
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
nordhavn
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nordhavn »

Thanks , that looks perfect and easy to install :thumbup:
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Post by ch25 »

€ 1.579,00 for this... insane marketing skills :)
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

nordhavn wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 17:22 Thanks , that looks perfect and easy to install :thumbup:
I have the Channel Master version that I use with my Wellbrook receiving loop. It's been in use here for years without a single glitch. Just make sure you pay attention to the cable entry and waterproof it accordingly. :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
nordhavn
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nordhavn »

Auldgeek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 10:32
nordhavn wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 17:22 Thanks , that looks perfect and easy to install :thumbup:
I have the Channel Master version that I use with my Wellbrook receiving loop. It's been in use here for years without a single glitch. Just make sure you pay attention to the cable entry and waterproof it accordingly. :thumbup:
Where's the best place to purchase one ? All the places ive looked says out of stock .
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

nordhavn wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 10:53
Where's the best place to purchase one ? All the places ive looked says out of stock .
Mine is nearly 15 years old and not sure if the exact model is available. I purchased mine from a TV/SAT company (no longer in business) but you might try looking on some of the TV/SAT websites.
The Hygain AR-303 might have been discontinued but there's a few other rotators to consider, such as the AR-40 or AR-500. Yaesu used to sell a G-250 as their entry level rotator. Most of the radio dealers tend to stock the Yaesu 450 as the entry level rotator but it's not cheap & way more than you need.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think: