Need help with codeplug for Motorola DM4600 VHF

The place to talk about specific amateur radio equipment and all types of accessories, fixes, repairs and modification.
kc2yzl
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: lz1mak

Need help with codeplug for Motorola DM4600 VHF

Post by kc2yzl »

Hello to everyone. My name is Marin. Just bought used Motorola DM4600 VHF radio from ebay.uk. The seller got the radio from somewhere. The radio codeplug is locked with password and the seller doesn't know the password. He said the radio itself turn on and off and he doesn't care about the locked radio. Without this password I am not able to enter my ham frequency and can not use the radio at all. I already did open dispute but probably the paypal will decide for the seller. I did read that I can try to upload empty codeplug if I have this codeplug. I want to try, it is better than nothing.ay you help me please. If someone have codeplug from this radio, please send me a copy. Thank you and 73 from Bulgaria
dcwuk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Need help with codeplug for Motorola DM4600 VHF

Post by dcwuk »

I believe the software to program this radio has code plug samples with it, you will need the correct programming lead and software.
"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
I'm commenting on an internet forum, why should your facts sway my opinion?
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I've programmed many Motorola radios but none of mine had passwords so I'm not sure how you would over ride it. Its been a while since I've done any Motorola code plugs. You'd need to reset the radio back to factory settings somehow.

Have a good look in the software and do some googling. Worse case scenario you can always open a return case and get your money back. When buying a radio always ask questions beforehand.
26mb04
Call Sign: 26DG01

Post by 26mb04 »

Is the radio locked from reading, writing, or both? If it's locked from reading only, you could just make up a codeplug (assuming you have the software) and burn it in. If it's locked from everything, you could try resetting but I can't remember how to do it. There may be a way of doing this from the user manual.
Sent from my GP300 using DTMF