New land SAR bandplan

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

New land SAR bandplan

Post by mattdcooley »

Anyone have ideas how they work this now? I've 4 DMR repeaters in range here. Seems like 2 pairs of 2 repeaters linked to each other so gone are the days where each team has a TWC to themselves? Do they share these repeaters between teams or what? Is there some kind of national plan or has it all gone to local solutions.
From my local teams and with the help of a moor fire earlier in the week i've managed to deduce most of the new plan I believe.

155.81875/147.3500 Confirmed CC6 Unknown linked to .83125
155.83125/147.3625 Confirmed CC6 Unknown linked to .81875
155.84375/147.3750
155.85625/147.3875 Confirmed CC9 Holme linked to .91875
155.86875/147.4000
155.88125/147.4125
155.89375/147.4250
155.90625/147.4375
155.91875/147.4500 Confirmed CC10 Holme linked to .85625
155.93125/147.4625
155.94375/147.4750
155.95625/147.4875

This accounts for all of the 147 band and most of 155 leaving 155.80625 155.79375 155.78125 unpaired/simplex? What has anyone else found on this band
neil57uk1

Re: New land SAR bandplan

Post by neil57uk1 »

Brilliant effort thank you. Like you, have not received anything on the lower three freqs so agree that they must be single/simplex freqs. Have found the other 12 in regular use by multiple users arround the hilly parts of the UK. Also cant figure out sharing of repeaters. In the Peak District, North Wales and Lake District there appears to be a number of fixed sites now. In the North East of England three teams have their own interchangeable net not using the 155mhz allocation. In Scotland most teams remained analogue until recently but read that they have now gone digi. Have not been able to get passed the border guards since the change.
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

neil57uk1 wrote: 11 May 2021, 12:34 Brilliant effort thank you. Like you, have not received anything on the lower three freqs so agree that they must be single/simplex freqs. Have found the other 12 in regular use by multiple users arround the hilly parts of the UK. Also cant figure out sharing of repeaters. In the Peak District, North Wales and Lake District there appears to be a number of fixed sites now. In the North East of England three teams have their own interchangeable net not using the 155mhz allocation. In Scotland most teams remained analogue until recently but read that they have now gone digi. Have not been able to get passed the border guards since the change.
Yeah I don't travel much so restricted on what I can do. Also not using a DMR scanner so I need to get a colour code before promiscuious mode works. Was just happy to find the inputs at last, had them programmed in the scanner on 6.25 offsets as per a list I saw on that website which has gone. During moor fire I heard some activity on outputs and was receiving fireground simplex so knew something was off! I suppose it's a giveaway on the bandplan as they show band edges and 147 has 6.25 edges meaning 12.5 centre. DMR radio doesn't like listening to the inputs for repeaters either, it shows the radio ID and TG but no audio.

All I can really add is the 2 unknown ones I posted weren't really talking but radio ID's in the 24 range were keying up and coming out both repeaters but they are very weak with me. Holme were using 20 ID's and coming out both their repeaters. Far as I know there was only Holme and Oldham MRT active on the fire but I don't see 2 Oldham repeaters being in my range so it's confusing as it was obviously 2 different teams with some kind of coordination. The fire is long out and all 4 still sending idle messages so they weren't mobile repeaters. Send me a PM with any details you've found and we will compare notes I guess. I'm not a big fan of posting TG and slots on forums.

The interesting thing to work out would be how they structure a plan of sorts (if they even bother). They are using proper radios so they must have each of those repeater channels programmed in with at least all the colour codes and slots. So if Holme went to work with that other team they would change to Zone (CC6), Ch x and thats not even taking into consideration the slots. They have made things very awkward for crossteam working it looks like.
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

155.85625 was active in the Llanberis area last week. Multiple other freqs heard whilst high up a mountain which could have been from Lancs/Cumbria as those hills were visible on the horizon.
I'd just been searching the 6.25 kHz offsets at 147 — it hadn't occurred to me they'd do something weird like use 12.5 k offsets for the other half of the band!
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

There is a frequent data burst on 155.91875 receivable on Barr Beacon near Walsall. Too weak to get a colour code or anything else. Could be from Clee Hill or Brown Clee Hill in Shropshire as those are visible on the horizon.
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

Minus1 wrote: 24 May 2021, 19:38 There is a frequent data burst on 155.91875 receivable on Barr Beacon near Walsall. Too weak to get a colour code or anything else. Could be from Clee Hill or Brown Clee Hill in Shropshire as those are visible on the horizon.
Was that just now you heard activity?

Scrap that it was 155.81875 155.83125 I had active a few minutes ago. Confirmed Woodhead. But using 27xxx ID's where I had 24xxx ID's before. So I suspect 2 teams sharing that set of 2 repeaters. Can't update first post as it won't let me edit it for some reason. As it was active with the 24xxx's during that moor fire I believe it may be Oldham sharing the repeaters because far as i'm aware Oldham/Holme were the only 2 teams that attended.

Found this https://www.zycomm.co.uk/case-studies/p ... ation.html so looks like 5 more repeaters to find
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

Woodhead busy today again. Clearly haven't had much training in these new radios at all! "Woodhead mobile 1 to control if woodhead 2 find some high ground we'll do a relay for them" "Woodhead 2 mobile 1you are also broken up to us" Hmm maybe that's because they aren't making it into the repeater... and if they were control would be able to hear them without you doing a relay {bnghd}
radtech
Call Sign: Rich

Post by radtech »

From what i've seen in the Peak District, the rescue team has it's local comms on Slot 1 which may have one or several linked repeaters to use. They can also go to Slot 2 which is the 'wide area' which links into more repeaters for area coverage.

Teams can also use other teams repeater groups either locally on Slot 1 or wide area on 2.
Rich
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

radtech wrote: 31 May 2021, 20:22 From what i've seen in the Peak District, the rescue team has it's local comms on Slot 1 which may have one or several linked repeaters to use. They can also go to Slot 2 which is the 'wide area' which links into more repeaters for area coverage.

Teams can also use other teams repeater groups either locally on Slot 1 or wide area on 2.
That makes sense. I've heard nothing on Slot 2 but its the same 2 teams always on Slot 1 both frequencies. The 24 ID range never speak though but they do a lot of keying the mic including while Woodhead were in the middle of a job! Must be one in the same group as Woodhead or maybe coming in via a 3rd repeater that I cannot pick up. Holme aren't part of the PDMRO and are always on Slot 2. Haven't heard anything from Calderdale yet so they may do something else or share with Holme. Weekend soon so i'll have a radio running in case they do any training or get jobs.
milly

Post by milly »

Wasdale call out

(and for fans of the idiotic extra location system a single letter can make a BIG difference....OSGB reference given was correct but what3words location was in Texas)
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"
mattdcooley
Regular
Regular

Post by mattdcooley »

milly wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 13:36 Wasdale call out

(and for fans of the idiotic extra location system a single letter can make a BIG difference....OSGB reference given was correct but what3words location was in Texas)
Ok? You have info to add to that really useful post with no freqs or radio ID's or anything.

Also heard 25xxx ID key up on Peak District repeaters today. Don't know if Slot 1 or 2 as I was on monitor mode. Very quite weekend.