ukradioscanning.com

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

ukradioscanning.com

Post by Mikel »

Does anyone know what is happening with ukradioscanning.com, as it appears the account has been suspended?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
milly

Re: ukradioscanning.com

Post by milly »

Probably not renewed their hosting package. Certainly nothing more sinister.

Pretty much only ever an outlet for selling their CDs and harvesting info for said CDs?
....but with almsot no traffic and no 'direction' since it started....and a broken installation of phpBB...add in the radio police doom-mongers...will it be missed by anyone except the people who only joined to be spoon-fed things they couldn't be bothered searching for?
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"
moj

Post by moj »

I thought the exact same when i logged on and as everyone noticed the admins silver shadow and tony never replied back or seemed to be bothered trying to police what was being posted anymore , sad really but i think all these facebook groups stopped its popularity and i completely agree with the spoonfed instead of searching for themselves .

Also i got your inbox message Milly and promise i will reply mate but most of it looks correct from what i've seen ;)
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Facebook is great for chit chat, but its crap for searching knowledge or learning from past discussions.

This is why whilst footfall is down on most forums, people always come back when they need info.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

I will not miss the site one little bit TBH, I was just curious. I was a member on there pretty much from the beginning but despite that and helping many people, I was never made a 'full' member.

I reached the conclusion that to become a 'full' member on there and so have access to the members area you had to lick arse.

Obviously I wasn't doing it right :)

Edit - Looks like its up and running again, think i'll give it a miss.

Transmission 1 is by far the best radio site around, a sublime melting pot but still esoteric enough to have existential meaning and so assist with the triumph over the absurdity of existence - or words to that effect :thumbup:
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................