HELP NEEDED with senhaix 4g setting up

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

HELP NEEDED with senhaix 4g setting up

Post by WARLOCK »

Can any one please help, I am tring t set up my new to me SENHAIX 4G NETWORK RADIO as there was no manual with it and i bought it new also i cannot find much about it on google/internet so please can anyone help me as i am totaly lost ???
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: HELP NEEDED with senhaix 4g setting up

Post by ch25 »

It is android based junk, so if you use android smartphone it is pretty straightforward. If not, ask any kid for a lesson.
Knobs and sockets: https://www.senhaixun.com/uploadfile/do ... Manual.pdf
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

I’ve had one for ages and absolutely not junk. Have you got Zello? Should be installed? You need to just register and off you go. I assume youve put the sim in? Tell us what you can’t make work. There’s no real issues with these. Uninstal things you wont use and they’re straightforward. What do you want to do?
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

I have not fitted a sim card , What sort of sim card do i need to get, I just want to use Zello which i used to be able to use before i had to go into hospital ( DATA ERROR ) Is all i get now ,do you know if there is a manual out there i could get my hands on , is there a way i can reset it and start over again ? Thanks for your and any others who have helped
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by paulears »

It needs to connect to a network, so you could use it at home on your WiFi. I’m thinking you don’t have a modern phone or are computer savvy. Is this right? We need to know your level and experience. Sadly, there is the a manual in the sense you are thinking because like phones, what YOU stick on it from the google App Store is the vital bit. You need to get a data SIM card. I buy mine from a seller on ebay, EE ones, less than twenty quid. You stick that in and it goes onto the EE network. You install Zello, and log in, assuming you’ve created a profile. There is no point in a manual, all it would say is turn on, tap on an icon. The icons are like an android phone. You treat it like a phone, and they don’t have manuals either. Otherwise, find a teenager and buy them a McDonald’s. They’ll have it running in five mins. Seriously, though - you are talking like you have bought a ham radio or a cb, but youve really bought a mobile phone with a mic. These are hardware items, dedicated buttons and just one way to work them. Everybody has different apps on their phones, so very different things. Otherwise, seek out your local ham radio club. Somebody there can program it for you, and once that is done, you can just use it. I’ve sold them for a long time now, and they’re reliable and really good to use mobile. Some people want to buy them and ask questions like you have and alarm bells ring, like those who want to buy dmr radios but don’t have a computer. Sometimes you have to learn everything totally from scratch, by trial and error, like the kids do naturally. Manuals for many products are impossible nowadays, because there is no standard for what they do.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by WARLOCK »

HI PAUL, Thanks as you hinted i am going to ask my young son if he can set this (PHONE) network radio up for me , I am never going to live this down the man with all that radio gear cannot set a simple phone up ,
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by paulears »

You are not alone. Dmr is my highest returned product on ebay sales where people have 14 days. They all get sent back as faulty. None have been faulty, not one,! I’ve had people totally misunderstand the programming, plenty of computer issues, including one fella who said he didn’t even have a computer. I have had no audio on tx, when somehow he’d programmed an impossible tx mode, one person who tried programming via the usual analogue cable he already had because the plug was the same size, ignoring the new cable sent, that looked the same bit was not. Dmr and programming is beyond loads of people. They want a new mode but lack the background. In a way it shows how the old hobby has morphed into a totally new one. So many people COULD learn the new skills but wont even try!
NicolaJayne
Regular
Regular

Post by NicolaJayne »

WARLOCK wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 11:50 I have not fitted a sim card , What sort of sim card do i need to get, I just want to use Zello which i used to be able to use before i had to go into hospital ( DATA ERROR ) Is all i get now ,do you know if there is a manual out there i could get my hands on , is there a way i can reset it and start over again ? Thanks for your and any others who have helped
it's a 'network radio' it's actually an android device in which the only 'radio' is a Wifi unit and a mobile phone so without connecting it to a wifi network or having a current, valid and data enabled ( with credit or on contract) sim card it's a door stop