Motorola TLKR T6

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
Alan Pilot

Motorola TLKR T6

Post by Alan Pilot »

Just acquired a pair of the above with a difference.
They are for China and on 409MHz +.
Anybody know if they can be re-programmed to our 466MHz band as they are not legal at the moment.
Or they a bin job.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Motorola TLKR T6

Post by Mikel »

Alan Pilot wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 09:40 Just acquired a pair of the above with a difference.
They are for China and on 409MHz +.
Anybody know if they can be re-programmed to our 466MHz band as they are not legal at the moment.
Or they a bin job.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Alan, I don't know for certain but I am pretty sure that they cannot be re-programmed for 446, but saying that people seem to be popping up everywhere these days, thanks mainly to the ease of obtaining Beofengs and the like and the last time that I looked at the Ofcom statistics they are either not interested or just do not have the ability to Police things these days.

As you are probably aware though, the only problem with using radios designed for the China Public Radio Service (PRS) in the UK is that the frequencies are allocated to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and if you still live where you used to then RAF Valley may not be very happy with you :D

I wouldn't bin them though, I am sure someone will take them off your hands - not me though, if I buy any more radio gear the 'She Devil' will castrate me!
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Alan Pilot

Post by Alan Pilot »

Thanks for the reply.
I had them turned on yesterday afternoon and i got the RAF helicopter doing manoeuvres/training.
Quite comical as the pilot got mixed up with left and right at one point.
I think the bay is the next port for them shame as they look new and boxed.
Thanks again.
Alan.
2E0UCW
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Post by 2E0UCW »

Aliexporess sell the 409MHz versions
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1519823 ... hweb201603_
Motorola DM4600 ; Anytone 578 ; Anytone 868 ; Anytone 878 Plus
Whistler TRX-1 ; DV Mega ; Duplex Hotspot ; Zumspot USB