BAOFENG UV-5R PROGRAMING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

BAOFENG UV-5R PROGRAMING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by WARLOCK »

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SETUP DISC AND SOFTWARE TO SET UP MY BAOFENG UV-5R RADIO AND IT WILL NOT WORK ? I AM TRYING TO ENTER VHF MARINE FREQUENCIES ANYONE GOT ANY THOUGHTS AS TO WHY I AM NOT HAVING ANY LUCK SO FAR ?? SO HELP NEEDED PLEASE
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Re: BAOFENG UV-5R PROGRAMING HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by Otter »

Give it a go with chirp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftwlYMzEjeA

Also, if you got a really cheap programming cable with a fake Prolific chip in it, the drivers won't load properly. Have a look in device manager under com ports and check.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

I've only programmed mine via the keypad, sorry that's of no help.

I have the programming lead which came with my 888s, I wonder if that'll work.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

Otter wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 17:07 Give it a go with chirp.
This was the advice offered in his previous thread but looks like he ignored that one too.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

grafter wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 20:45
Otter wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 17:07 Give it a go with chirp.
This was the advice offered in his previous thread but looks like he ignored that one too.
He posts endless help threads. He rarely responds to them or follows the advice given, He'll probably start another thread on the same subject next week
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Ah, OK. I didn't see a previous post. I just went through a load of grief (fake prolific chip) trying to program up an FT-897 for pmr channels, so I thought I could be useful.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Ant
Call Sign: 26TM718

Post by Ant »

I think marine bands may be out of range for the UV5R?

I programmed mine from the keypad for the amateur repeaters, didn't have an issue at all setting it up.
Shack, noun, a small building, usually made of wood or metal, that has not been built well - Oxford Dictionary
A shack (or, less often, shanty) is a type of small, often primitive shelter or dwelling - Wikipedia

Licence - British spelling
License - American spelling