Maxon SL55 U2 software and cable

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
123taff

Maxon SL55 U2 software and cable

Post by 123taff »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows where I can obtain programming softeware and cable for the Maxon SL55 U2?

I have searched the internet with no joy!

Thanks
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Re: Maxon SL55 U2 software and cable

Post by marshphantom »

Hello there

PM sent
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
thejang
New User
New User

Post by thejang »

Hi there,
I too have a Maxon SL55 and need the cable and software to reprogram it to work's new frequency!
If you are aware of a source for this please PM me too!

Cheers,

T.Smith
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Post by marshphantom »

known working leads are availible from maxon, never sure about the cheapy ebay ones, bit of a risk they may work or may not.

software used to be all over the internet for free download, not sure if it nowdays. I am not in the position to email my maxon software out now as 1) i am on a three dongle and it will take ages to upload it 2) if its been removed from the internet i should imagine maxon have clamped down on there willingness to have there software all over the place,,,,,,,,, and i dont want to get in any trouble

sorry.

If you brought them from the ebay seller i know he has just brought a lead and may be willing to program them at a price

Pretty glad i didnt sell my software and lead a few months back now lol 8)
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
thejang
New User
New User

Post by thejang »

Thanks for your reply,

Well, a little digging around has got me some software that I think should work. Now I need to get a decent lead for it.
(I have also thought, depending on the price of the lead I could just get a cheap chinese transceiver off ebay that comes with programming software and lead. But the 'brick' feel of the Maxon implies quality!)

Thanks again
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Post by marshphantom »

i have to agree the maxon is a nice strong radio.

123taff PM'ed me with this lead he was going to buy, may be worth a email to see if he brought it and if it worked http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Programming-cable ... 0508167733 for the price i dont supose you would be to bothered if it didnt work. it looks like a icom opc 478 cable (by looks and by the radios the advert quotes it programs)

my one has a rib type box inline and has a 2.5 and 3.5mm jack plug on it. not like the one above but the listing says it will work with a sl55

need any help reference programming feel free to PM me, although its pretty easy software to use.

enjoy
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
thejang
New User
New User

Post by thejang »

Wow - thanks for your reply! I ordered that cable straight away, for less than £4 if its no good then its not much of a loss. I think the next hurdle will be the software side of things. The software I found free online dates from 1997, so whether it will run on Windows 7 or not I'm not sure!

Cheers,
Tim
marshphantom
Regular
Regular

Post by marshphantom »

I am running 7 ultimate here and the software i use will load up but will not program the radio so i use a older desktop pc with a serial port

you should be ok with a usb lead though, mine wont work because i have to use a usb to serial lead inbetween the maxon lead and pc.

hope it all works for you though

software is easy to use, very straight forward
Ed
Marsh Phantom
26-TM-1986 - 26-CT-112
maldiny

Post by maldiny »

Hi all!

I have buy the cable has been posted into ebay.

It works good in a icom IC-F3.

I have a maxon SL55-U2 but... im search the software in internet but not found it.

Any have the software plz?

Thanks for all...
paul1234

Post by paul1234 »

i have the software but did this lead work?
whitecollar
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecollar »

Hello,

I have 2 x Maxon SL55 radios.

The necessary software is called SMP6001 I believe. You can download it from the link below along with the full service manual and datasheet for the Maxon SL 25 / 55 radios.

http://www.jetelec.freeuk.com/_sgg/m4m2_1.htm

The software is for MS DOS so you're doing to need an older PC with Win 98 or maybe XP on it and MS DOS, and probably a serial port.

However is the programming cable mentioned in this thread suitable or not? It was an Icon OPC 478 which is currently available on eBay etc.

Has anyone got any experience using this cable and / or software to program the Maxon SL55 radios?

Thanks,
Andrew.
whitecollar
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecollar »

I have found a diagram for the programmer needed for the Maxon SL25 / 55 radios.

It's just a simple RS232 level converter.

The link is:

http://www.cqham.ru/sch_eng.html

For the SL25 and SL55 radios just ignore the 6 pin connection at the top. The radios don't have them. Use the 2.5mm and 3.5mm jacks on the side that are normally for the speaker microphone accessory.

I'm going to build this. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
archspoofer

Post by archspoofer »

Hiya, Thought i'd recycle this post instead of starting a new one :)

I'm after software and a lead for SL-55

Anyone any advice? Ive scoured the interweb and had loads of dead links and no luck :(

Cheers in advance

Dan
Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
scottpeters90
Regular
Regular

Post by scottpeters90 »

hi i would also like to know how to programe maxon sl55s but in basic form as im new to this and have not got a clue......yet!
regards
scott
scottpeters90
Regular
Regular

Post by scottpeters90 »

hi guys
i was emailed a copy of the software from the tec guys at maxon today, it seems to load on my vista system but i think the com1 port thing will be my downfall any idears?
do they sell a usb lead for the maxon sl55??
regards
scott