What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? 2024

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2021)

Post by The Collector »

I think the whip was quite long from memory, probably Mk1 Modular-sized altogether. I only knew of one guy who had one on a converted ice cream van, bo it didn't look too whacky as the van had Cadillac-styled wings and a mad paint job etc anyway!

Not quite a "what did you buy today", but the chap I had the 007 mic', 3x power supplies and the 2 pairs of free 3ft T&K brackets from is giving me some more brackets tomorrow...very kind of him. I'm not sure what size they are but they're free. Even if I can't find a use for the brackets as brackets, the steel itself may come in handy in the future.
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 15:31 That looks tidy Dave and you don't see as many of those compared to the Maxcoms etc. Like you say, shame it doesn't have more channels seeing as it wouldn't have cost them much more to have put them in it.
It's arrived and the first thing that got me gob smacked is the size of the antenna as it's about 4ft long which is way longer than usual SOS rig's.
Pity that it doesn't have more channels
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

On some handheld radios, you can change pairs of push-in crystals to change what channels you can use. You could see if this is the same and perhaps swap any useless channels for ones you'd actually use, like take out ch14 and put in ch19, take out ch9 and put in say ch40 etc.

I picked up my free box goodies today too as mentioned above. Got a box with 2 pairs of new 15" T&K brackets, complete with "U" bolts, an alloy pole extender sleeve and 7 single and double Shelley Clamps like are used on TV aerials etc. May come in handy :)

Oh...and a 12ft length of thick co-ax and a 3ft thin co-ax patch lead.
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 18:16
7 single
Was there a record in that lot.

It's always nice to get stuff for nothing.

Hopefully you will find a way to use most of it

original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

Rarely do I get freebies mostly odds n sods put out on kerbside for scrap.thus far no radio gear.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I rarely get anything free either, there's usually more likelihood of me giving stuff away than receiving it.

The last time I gave stuff away though (free 5ft Springers and some power supplies from a closed-down taxi firm), a couple of those things appeared on ebay for sale a couple of days later. The cheek of it.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Now that would really get me going.
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 20:47 I rarely get anything free either, there's usually more likelihood of me giving stuff away than receiving it.

The last time I gave stuff away though (free 5ft Springers and some power supplies from a closed-down taxi firm), a couple of those things appeared on ebay for sale a couple of days later. The cheek of it.
I know exactly what you mean, I don't mind dealing with you Dave as usually it's to help complete a rig or something.

On a different subject. Did you get a cobra manual?

original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by original45 »

Well you both helped me out with best information often in depth and bought of Dave c at a meet up as well as part search and find recently completing a 77.805 bless ya.
For myself im a self confessed hoarder and sell nothing lol.
I'm sure your both top fellas.
Last edited by original45 on 15 Oct 2021, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

lambrettadave wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 12:11
The Collector wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 20:47 I rarely get anything free either, there's usually more likelihood of me giving stuff away than receiving it.

I know exactly what you mean, I don't mind dealing with you Dave as usually it's to help complete a rig or something.

On a different subject. Did you get a cobra manual?
I was kindly sent a decent photocopied Mk1/2 148 GTL-DX manual from someone on here, but would still love to get my hands on one for my Mk3.
If I had a computer I may be able to scan and modify a Lafayette 2400 one, but I'd need a decent copy of that version to adapt...and they're pretty rare.

Saying that, me and computers don't get on.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

original45 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 12:26 Well you both helped me out with best information often in depth and bought of Dave c at a meet up as well as part search and find recently completing a 77.805 bless ya.
For my I'm a self confessed hoarder and sell nothing lol.
I'm sure your both top fellas.

We aim to please :)

I've occasionally had to sell some of my CB-related stuff due to lack of funds in the bank or because of cash needed for car repairs, but luckily not too much. There are 1 or 2 radios that I regret selling, but I'm not suicidal about it ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I bought an EMS Mercury 1040 off ebay. Had to pay nearly double what I paid for some of my others due to people spending more lately, but not too bad considering its rareness for £56.

It's a black-coloured mobile version which I haven't got already (got 2 black-coloured portable versions though) so I'm happy.

Just got to see if it all works as it looked to be TX'ing with no mic' in, but they might have pressed one of the selcall buttons in on it before they took that particular picture???
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

For some strange/unknown reason (probably boredom), I've bought a very tidy-looking, apparently all-working Superstar 360fm from ebay for £120.

It has its bracket but non-original mic', but I bought a cheap, spare SS mic' not long ago.

It looks tidier than my own non-stealth one so I'll probably test it, keep it and then resell mine on an auction.
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Great many pictures thank you :thumbup:

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

14CS06 wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 19:33 Hello

Great many pictures thank you :thumbup:

@+
Claude
What are you referring to Claude, the EMS Mercury's?

If you let me know your email address, I'll send you some. I've got a few different types (front panel and casing colour differences, mobile and portable).