Firstbus Glasgow frequencies

Scanning radio frequencies for Scotland
GlasgowTransmission
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: TV54

Firstbus Glasgow frequencies

Post by GlasgowTransmission »

Hi does anyone know first bus Glasgow frequencies I have an uniden digital scanner any help appreciated ?
francisuk29
Regular
Regular

Re: Firstbus Glasgow frequencies

Post by francisuk29 »

Try scanning between 177Mhz to 207Mhz but fair as i know lothian buses are still on MPT1327
TYT UVF1, Baofeng BF-888s, Binatone Terrain 550, Alan HP450, ICOM IC-R5 with MRW-210, Grecom PSR-282
fmdx
Regular
Regular

Post by fmdx »

FIRSTBUS no longer use the trunked two way radio system for some time now.

All comms now are through the Ticketer machine(ticket machine) which yes you guessed it,use a SIM card i think on ee.All comms are sent through this and recieved through this.No voice is sent.All messages displayed on screen.

The machines are prone to 'freezing' and not 'wakening up' and if your a driver in an emergency i wouldnt like to rely on it.Once again its companies moving to the 'latest' technology etc when really the good old VHF instant PTT works alot better.

You will see some buses still have radios in their cabs but these have been disconnected and the ones that do power up simply state something like 'out of network' or 'out of service' as they are no longer connected to the Trunked Network.These were supplied and/or programmed by 'Bridge radio systems UK.'

If you are near any of the depots you will see on the rear of the buildings there is still a VHF 3 element yagi which was used for the radio system but obviously no longer used and simply left in place.

All the above is confirmed by a family member who works for First.

Havent listened for a while,last i did there was Trunked control channel(s) chirping away around 174-220 MHz but as far as i know these are for the Trains which get Token codes and some Voice.

Hope this helps!
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

Pretty sure York are still using VHF due to poor signal but yes they are using EE 4G.
sniper9964

Post by sniper9964 »

First York are on 166.6375Mhz
Mototrbo2020
Regular
Regular

Post by Mototrbo2020 »

fmdx wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 21:50 FIRSTBUS no longer use the trunked two way radio system for some time now.

All comms now are through the Ticketer machine(ticket machine) which yes you guessed it,use a SIM card i think on ee.All comms are sent through this and recieved through this.No voice is sent.All messages displayed on screen.

The machines are prone to 'freezing' and not 'wakening up' and if your a driver in an emergency i wouldnt like to rely on it.Once again its companies moving to the 'latest' technology etc when really the good old VHF instant PTT works alot better.

You will see some buses still have radios in their cabs but these have been disconnected and the ones that do power up simply state something like 'out of network' or 'out of service' as they are no longer connected to the Trunked Network.These were supplied and/or programmed by 'Bridge radio systems UK.'

If you are near any of the depots you will see on the rear of the buildings there is still a VHF 3 element yagi which was used for the radio system but obviously no longer used and simply left in place.

All the above is confirmed by a family member who works for First.

Havent listened for a while,last i did there was Trunked control channel(s) chirping away around 174-220 MHz but as far as i know these are for the Trains which get Token codes and some Voice.

Hope this helps!
They still have the 4g PTT foot pedal system for emergency but 99.9% of drivers will have a mobile phone with them and as you say road closures ect are sent via text to the ticket machine.