What is the best recording/streaming software?

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
SecretSignalsUK

What is the best recording/streaming software?

Post by SecretSignalsUK »

I would like to get hold of some free software that records audio from the sound card which automaticly starts and stops when audio is received.

I would also like to find the best streaming software for audio from the sound card.

Please can you give me some links and your view on software you have used or know about :D

Software needs to be for Windows XP and free, I am going to be using it for my alinco scanner.

Cheers Guys. ;)
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is the best recording/streaming software?

Post by fez »

I find Xcorder very usefull for recording.
SecretSignalsUK

Post by SecretSignalsUK »

anyone ? :)
skunkybob

Post by skunkybob »

http://www.opcode.co.uk/opd2d/

I use this for recording.
I may look like an idiot, talk like an idiot, dress like an idiot, do not let that fool you......I am an idiot.. now on Echolink..... node 493825
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

FarehamWeather wrote:I would also like to find the best streaming software for audio from the sound card.
That depends on your application, if you want good quality for wide FM signals you could use Windows media encoder or shoutcast depending on your preferred playback software. If however you are after low latency for voice comms then use unreal encoder or Skype.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
CharlieM0PZT

Post by CharlieM0PZT »

I've used VoxRecorder to monitor a frequency - it start/stops recording based upon 2 settings: Audio Threshold and Silence time... Very simple to use, just set the Time to about 2secs and the Threshold to match the noise-floor of a signal - and leave the radio squelched...

http://www.laughingpoliceman.com/downlo ... corder.zip
Charlie