Chirp programming

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Paddy226
Regular
Regular

Chirp programming

Post by Paddy226 »

Recently got a set of RT24's as loan units for events.
Looking to get a UK Simple license shortly and then reprogramming the handsets for 2w and the relevant UK Simple frequencies. Been trying to read up on Chirp - are there any CSV downloads of the UK Simple frequencies that I assume are then copied and pasted into each radio ?
How easy is it to program Chirp from scratch ?

Been a while since I've tinkered with radios so having to rebuild my knowledge base from zero :roll:
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Re: Chirp programming

Post by paulears »

Check the OFCOM site for the frequencies - there are not many, and choose CTCSS tones if you want, select the radio, and type them in. I'd suggest actually reading the radio first - to see what is in it, and save that. Then just change the frequencies to the OFCOM ones, delete and spare, and save it with a new name - write it into the radio, and you're done. A few frequencies is really simple. Looking at the existing codeplug also gives you a clue what needs to be in the various boxes.
Paddy226
Regular
Regular

Re: Chirp programming

Post by Paddy226 »

Thanks for the response, appreciate the info 👍