tesco frequency

Scanning radio frequencies for the East Midlands
iceboy
Regular
Regular

tesco frequency

Post by iceboy »

i have a bearcat 92 with close call..but on trying to use it i find i cannot pick up my local tesco.does anyone have the frequency or do they differ from store to store?? :(
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

RE: tesco frequency

Post by Andy »

Hello iceboy - I think Tesco use 449.3125 at most of their stores, but here in east Manchester I think it's in use by another superstore, maybe Morrison's.
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.
rationalgaze

Post by rationalgaze »

I had 453.5875 down as the "Tesco National" and i pick up the local Tesco no problem. So give that one a try and see what comes up. Problem is unless you've got your aerial in a nice position or you're close to the tesco i'd imagine the handhelds they use in store are low power/range as they only really need to work within the store. I could be wrong, though.

Thanks, Craig.
Some people never use their initiative because nobody told them to.
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

You'd need to be in the store to pick them up with close call really
2E0XGA
iceboy
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by iceboy »

rationalgaze wrote:I had 453.5875 down as the "Tesco National" and i pick up the local Tesco no problem. So give that one a try and see what comes up. Problem is unless you've got your aerial in a nice position or you're close to the tesco i'd imagine the handhelds they use in store are low power/range as they only really need to work within the store. I could be wrong, though.

Thanks, Craig.
i think you are probably right...i'm a mile away and tesco is at a lower level than us..i'm not picking nothing up at all..thanks anyway :D
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by 5thElement »

You'll definately need to be in the store, take it with you the next time you go shopping lol, once you find it, you can stick it in a memory channel and you'll hear it okay from 1 mile away i'd imagine..it's just with close call...you do need to be close lol
2E0XGA
rationalgaze

RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by rationalgaze »

Any idea what kind of distance close call works at, 5thElement?

Thanks, Craig.
oliverp
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by oliverp »

rationalgaze wrote:Any idea what kind of distance close call works at, 5thElement?

Thanks, Craig.
Close call ranges vary, it depends on a few factors - it's a fantastic feature which works most of the time but sometimes, can't be relied on!

For technical details have a nose here:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... Close_Call

I've had it before where I've been sitting in the car and I can see a security officer babbling away on her radio. She was using an ear piece and mic, and as such - her radio was on her waist, so I didn't get the hit. She was at max, 30 metres away. I already had the frequency, but was trying it out.

Also, in one Tesco store, I must have been in there half an hour trying to get a hit. And there's only so many times you can hang around the 'CCTV Remote Monitoring Station' pretending to be waiting for someone. I walk out to the car park, giving up, and bugger me I get the close call then.

However, most of the time, if you're in say - a shopping centre, if you can see the radio being used, you can normally get it. And quite a lot of the time you don't even see them.
rationalgaze

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by rationalgaze »

Cool, thanks for the info, Oliver.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Which area are you in, Iceboy? Tesco have radio's with 6 channels. This is also the wrong area for asking for frequencies.
Banned Account
iceboy
Regular
Regular

Post by iceboy »

sorry for the late reply................sorry also about posting in the wrong area..bit new to this..i am in derbyshire...so when asking about things which thread should i be asking in andrew..
rationalgaze

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by rationalgaze »

iceboy wrote:sorry for the late reply................sorry also about posting in the wrong area..bit new to this..i am in derbyshire...so when asking about things which thread should i be asking in andrew..
You'd want to be asking in the Frequency Forums. You'll see them listed at the bottom, find your area, then post the frequency/question.

Thanks, Craig.
Andrew
Banned
Banned

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: tesco frequency

Post by Andrew »

I'm on a wap phone just now and dont have access to my files. Tesco have 6 frequencies but seem to mainly use 453.5875. Unless someone gets to them before I get home about 6, I'll put them in then. I'm at work now. They also may be in here in another topic.
Banned Account
tom129
Regular
Regular

Post by tom129 »

In York Morrisons use 449.3125 i live just around the corner 0.40 miles to be exact and i cant even receive them with a discone antenna i think they use very low power 0.5 or watts or maybe even less Sometimes when in store Il be in the warehouse and cant get a signal from the office upstairs Just static i think the output is very low ( i work at morrisons )...:D
Andrew
Banned
Banned

Post by Andrew »

Most Billy Mo stores use 449.3125, as do Asda. The reason you didn't get a hit on the Tesco headset radio is because they are digital transmissions.
Banned Account