When was CB at it's peak ?

This is the place to discuss any general CB radio related topics. Getting started, installations, operation etc.
friendly1uk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: When was CB at it's peak ?

Post by friendly1uk »

The late 80s the channels really filled up around here.
81 saw a lot about CB on the TV but it was enthusiast stuff. It took a few years to be main stream, and then a few more for people to move on their first cheap set and upgrade. That's when we saw peak radio numbers on the used market, and £20 could get you a setup. This was late 80s and from then it plateaued as many got bored and left, and used radio's crumbled under the pressure of a rounded screwdriver. Meaning the number of radio's changing hands was not increasing.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Reminiscing, I now reckon it was when Fidelity 1000's were readily available and interest dropped off once they'd ceased production. Sad times :(
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

The Collector wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 15:07 Reminiscing, I now reckon it was when Fidelity 1000's were readily available and interest dropped off once they'd ceased production. Sad times :(
So what was the time line.... 6 months....

Hahaha
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
John555

Post by John555 »

I was a regular user in cheltenham from around 93 to 97 and it was pretty busy and like others have said often was tricky to find a channel. Now days i can have the radio scanning the muppets all day and rarely hear the squelch break :(